Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See philmarois76's Items on eBay

Crosby Upper Deck outstanding auto redemption - What's the situation?

I have a few outstanding Upper Deck redemptions from 12-13 SP Authentic for Sidney Crosby (including Marks of Distinction #/25).

I also noticed that there's not a single Crosby autograph in the entire products for both the 13-14 SP Authentic and 13-14 Ultimate. We are talking the best player and the NHL (and the world!). This makes no sense to me. The same situation could also be said of another mega star : Steven Stamkos!!

I haven't heard anything explaining why Crosby is not part of key Upper Deck hi-end products. Interestingly, the Crosby redemptions for both Panini 13-14 hockey majors releases Prime and National Treasures have been redeemed to their customers!

Crosby still signing for UD ? any insight ?

continue to hold my redemption or ask a replacement as this point?

Cheers!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Makes sense, market is flooded with crosby cards already and most dont have that much value anymore... and u want more ?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See canadacardworld's Items on eBay

I have a few outstanding Upper Deck redemptions from 12-13 SP Authentic for Sidney Crosby (including Marks of Distinction #/25).

I also noticed that there's not a single Crosby autograph in the entire products for both the 13-14 SP Authentic and 13-14 Ultimate. We are talking the best player and the NHL (and the world!). This makes no sense to me. The same situation could also be said of another mega star : Steven Stamkos!!

I haven't heard anything explaining why Crosby is not part of key Upper Deck hi-end products. Interestingly, the Crosby redemptions for both Panini 13-14 hockey majors releases Prime and National Treasures have been redeemed to their customers!

Crosby still signing for UD ? any insight ?

continue to hold my redemption or ask a replacement as this point?

Cheers!

Perhaps UD is behind on their payments...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Or maybe the players are busy?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

I'd put the smart money bet on joecoolio's reply. Makes no sense other than mistreatment / missed payments / player disagreement etc that Panini can get cards signed but UD can't.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Or maybe the players are busy?

considering panini recently showed some new cards recieved by him i would go with the above ud didnt pay in time or whatever..

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Makes sense, market is flooded with crosby cards already and most dont have that much value anymore... and u want more ?

It's not a case of him wanting more, he wants the card that he was promised via the redemption.

It's been pretty unfortunate that Sid was not included in two of UD's top three hard-signed content releases. Say what you will about market saturation and all that, but people will always have demand for Crosby autographs, and his omission from SP Authentic and Ultimate Collection definitely weakens those two products.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See philmarois76's Items on eBay

That's exactly it! I have been waiting for over a year for these Crosby redemptions! I agree that there's several of his autographs out there, but I completely agree with RGM81, it significantly weaken the recent UD releases when Crosby, Stamkos, Ovi are not included ... which is why I haven't been ripping boxes of those products.

I'm curious to see if he will have signed cards in the upcoming The Cup release. I noticed there's also some redemptions still open for Crosby's autos from last yr 12-13 The Cup ...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

RGM81 has put it perfectly!!

I am still waiting for a 12-13 spa chirography auto of sidney Crosby #/35 that I redeemed in august 2013

I am serious contemplating sedning a reply to UD to start a replacement and my list of players I want would include
    Sidney crosby
    Mario Lemieux
    Wayne Gretzky
    PAtrick Roy

I would also tell them that I only wnat a 1 for 1 card swap and it must nbe the same bv($150) or better since I was kept waiting this long

This is why I too have stayed away from SPA and Ultimate this year

jim

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Every so often I get it right. LOL

I think that the key for Crosby autos, as well as those of other elite players, to keeping them valuable is to ensure that they're SP'd in every set where they're included and I don't think they need to be in every release. Yes it makes it a bit of a downer to look at the checklist for UD Signature Sensations and not see Sid, or Ovi, or Carey, or Stamkos. But think how much more special it is when they are in a Sign of the Times set and it's short printed and you pack-pull it. You can't beat that feeling.

I think that special players deserve special treatment. That's how you fuel demand and keep interest high in these cards.

We've all been through the discussion numerous times about over-production, too much of this and that, and so forth. I'm not saying flood every product with Brayden Schenn and Taylor Hall stuff. Every player should be used somewhat sparingly, whether they're the brightest of stars or the most common of 3rd liners. But it should be a special moment to snag a new auto of the greats of the game, present and past.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast