Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Some put emphasis on the first or last in the print run as special. If I had to choose I guess I would say jersey number because it has a direct link to the player. (just hope they don't change #'s!)

I have seen some ebay listings where people really try to grasp at straws by tying career stats to the serial #. Things like:
    Serial number matches number of goals!
    Serial number matches PIM!
    Serial number matches draft pick #!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also really like prime numbers, so that makes things a bit more fun as well. I never thought about an SN matching stats though...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

For me, the jersey number is interesting... frist and last is cool, but less so. The larger the print run, the more it matters to me.... #1/45000 seems cooler than #1/5 (in terms of a premium). Also, the more iconic the card (ie Crosby Cup RC)... the cooler those number things are.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I like getting anything 87, even if it's not Crosby on the card, so that I can list it on eBay as a "1/1 Crosby's Jersey Number OMG!" card.

I don't have a preference in the number. I do like hitting the jersey # like just about everyone else, but to come back to what Richard said, I always seem to pull # 87/XXX. Maybe I should try out that trick of yours! ;)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Washington Capitals Colorado Avalanche
    See rockstartrev's Items on eBay Instagram:

#s 27 and 79, just my own preferance
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Collecting Matt Duchene, Nathan MacKinnon and Cale Makar
    All Seattle Kraken Memorabilia Cards Hidden Content
    All Colorado Avalanche Memorabilia Cards Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

Earliest number of last number is pretty much how I go. I only have 2 with a last number I think.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I collect Luke Schenn Maple Leafs cards numbered 2/XXX, but none of my other players, although I do have a bower numbered 1/10. Considering the few collectors that collect the players I do, I'm surprised it is something I don't even check for when trading or pull the cards my self; only Schenn Leafs cards.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

33 for Roy and 19 for Yzerman.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Jersey number is cool, but like most people I won't pay much of a premium, if any, for it.

I used to get jazzed about first/last, but then read somewhere that the cards stamped as first and last aren't always the ones actually first and last coming off of the production line, so that became far less important.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Jersey number is cool, but like most people I won't pay much of a premium, if any, for it.

Agree. I thinks it's cool to pull a jersey match serial number, but when I'm buying, they're all the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast