Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Those of you who make your customs double sided...

Ok, I'm having a helluva time making a two sided custom. I can't seem to get things to line up correctly, no matter what I try. Can any of the more advanced users on here give some advice on their process? I've got 3 new designs I want to send out, but I'm waiting until I can find a decent way to put two sided customs together.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

1- You absolutly have to design your customs with a bleed (area wich is larger than the itent final size) I put 0,25 inches of bleed all around my card, it still have enough space on a 4x6 to put 2... You also need to make sure that when you print your designs are align in the center (or registry), other wise it will be more difficult to align front and back...
    2- I glue my 4x6 on a card stock, cut the stock to the size of the 4x6 then glue the back on the same card stock (it will make a thicker than regular card, but I like the aspect, just don't forget to have some a tad thicker top loader to fit them) Or just use a plain sheet of paper otherwhise to give more rigidity to your card than just glueing the two photo paper.
    3- cut the cards

I'm toying with the idea of an ultimate ''How to make cards'' tutorial for a time now... I might give it a try shortly... From idea to photoshop, to print, to assembly...

In the mean time, hope this will help....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes, this helps. I appreciate it. I usually print on 8x10 sheets, but I do the same thing as you do with 4x6, attaching them to card stock. I tried adding a little bleed around the outside margins, It worked a little better. I'd love to see a tutorial on it.

I'd also be willing to help put together the master tutorial...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I design my stuff with photoshop. I always work with inches. After I set up my graphics were I want them to be. I turn it into a smart object. Than its is to switch from picture to the other. I also add the guide lines in photoshop. Always get a good print front and back.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I design my stuff with photoshop. I always work with inches. After I set up my graphics were I want them to be. I turn it into a smart object. Than its is to switch from picture to the other. I also add the guide lines in photoshop. Always get a good print front and back.

I've never used smart objects. I also use Photoshop, set up in inches I have used guidelines from time to time. My problem seems to be in the putting the two sides together after I've created them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What I do is I have it set up the way I spoke before. I print them on 120 cardstock. Since using smart object, when replacing the new pic. It goes right we the old one goes. So I do not need to a just anything. Just make sure printer is printing at 300dpi. Watch how the print comes to be able to set it for the back print. If you use 2 several sheet of gloss paper. It you have and over head projector than use it to aligned the sheets. So since I do not have one. I use the window and the sun. Tape one sheet up and use the other one to adjust it to fit.. After have it lining up. Just tape the corners and glue it cardstock. Hope this helps.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to experiment a little this weekend... maybe.