Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question about Graded Cards

I've never had a graded card as I've never liked them (With a few exceptions) any ways I'm interested in acquiring a graded card but want it out of the case. I was just curious how difficult it is to get a card out of the graded case.

The card is graded by GMA. But I'm curious about Beckett ones as well.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I've never had a graded card as I've never liked them (With a few exceptions) any ways I'm interested in acquiring a graded card but want it out of the case. I was just curious how difficult it is to get a card out of the graded case.

The card is graded by GMA. But I'm curious about Beckett ones as well.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

I would not recommend that you purchase anything graded unless its by Beckett (BGS, BVG), PSA, or SCG. Anything else and you are throwing money away. There are literally thousands of fly-by-night grading companies out there such as GMA, GEM, etc. that are basically run by individual collectors/scam artists/whoever that have access to some generic slabs and a printer.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's incredibly easy to crack a card out of a case. With a pair of pliers and a strong grip it's about 45 seconds of work.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I also hate graded cards. I will recommend that you don't pay more for a graded 9 or less card. If its 9.5 or 10 then yes it will cost more.

Also if its a modern card and not graded by beckett then yes its basically not graded at all.

I have busted out at least 7 cards from beckett. Its very easy. Just make sure your not in a rush and take your time. It only takes a minute or 2. I used several ways including sawing off the top on the first few I did. Now I just use a screwdriver and hammer. Lightly tap the screwdriver with the hammer cracking the case in each side then carefully splitting the edges until I can get the card out.

You can try any way that's easy for you as there is several ways to get it out.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I also hate graded cards. I will recommend that you don't pay more for a graded 9 or less card. If its 9.5 or 10 then yes it will cost more.

Also if its a modern card and not graded by beckett then yes its basically not graded at all.

I have busted out at least 7 cards from beckett. Its very easy. Just make sure your not in a rush and take your time. It only takes a minute or 2. I used several ways including sawing off the top on the first few I did. Now I just use a screwdriver and hammer. Lightly tap the screwdriver with the hammer cracking the case in each side then carefully splitting the edges until I can get the card out.

You can try any way that's easy for you as there is several ways to get it out.

YouTube Video?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Screw Driver and Hammer works great. Like you, I've got no use for them (graded) cards. I've made a few exceptions.... and I generally keep most ITG stuff in their Slabs (though I've busted some out) but it's easy to do. Pliers would work fine too.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Use the pliers to crack open the corners - from there most of them will peel apart with relative ease depending on your level of strength.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Screw Driver and Hammer works great. Like you, I've got no use for them (graded) cards. I've made a few exceptions.... and I generally keep most ITG stuff in their Slabs (though I've busted some out) but it's easy to do. Pliers would work fine too.

Yep ITG stuff that comes in the cases I keep but anything by beckett or anyone else unless its vintage or 9.5, 10 then its coming out.

I have no youtube video. I did it the first time on my own you should have no problems. You could use the pliers too I have personally never done it but Im sure its also pretty easy as RGM stated