Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Sad return today.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sad return today.

I was happy to see one of my envelopes with todays mail. I opened it and as soon as I had seen who it was from, I knew it was not going to be an autograph. My Robin Williams cards were returned unsigned for obvious reasons. It is nice that someone is returning his mail. I am sure that anyone who has done this for sometime has ran into the situation where they have a request outstanding to a player or celebrity who has passed. It is always sad and I feel bad for the family member who goes through all the fan mail that was sitting around. I have seen where the items never come back and that is very understandable. I have seen notes come back with items saying that the person has passed. I have even had a few times where a family member has added a different item that was signed to my envelope. No matter how these situations are handled you always feel sad after getting something back. I just hope that the family does read and realize how someone like Mr. Williams touched so many people.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Robin was an absolute legend. While his passing was sad, tragic and undoubtedly heart wrenching for his family, I would think reading his fan mail would help the healing process to some degree. Suicide is impossible to follow understand fully as far as someone's reasoning etc, and that's gotta be hard for the family to deal with. I'm sure they're asking the "what ifs", but reading how much he was admired, respected and loved by complete strangers has to at least add a little positive to it. While it will never erase the pain the family is going thru, it may help ease them. You're right, it's never easy to get those packages back. Death is never an easy thing to deal with, whether it be family or just someone you admired from a distance as in this case. But hopefully the words you carefully selected while writing your request will have a positive impact in the hearts of Mr. Williams family. He was an absolute legend and will be missed by many...