Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another card stolen by u.s.p.s.

Well for the 3rd time in about a year, the United States Postal Service has *lost* my tracked package containing a card or mine. So if anyone sees this card pop up anywhere please let me know:

13-14 Panini National Treasures Past and Present Autographs #15 Kesler/Linden 17/99

Of course, the package was being tracked and of course it just got *lost in transit*. End of story. Once again, no investigating where this package could have gone. Just, it's lost, suck it up, deal with paypal to get your $ back.

The worst thing in my entire life having to do with this hobby is dealing with paypal. They have continually ripped me off and cause me thousands of dollars in NSF fees through my bank account having to do with an old account I wasn't even associated with any more. When I say thousands I'm not over exaggerating. It has gotten to the point with paypal over the last 5 years that I now have a lawyer involved who is going to get me back my lost earnings and well as a bit extra because everyone who works at paypal who have seen my complaints have completely ignored them. So now I make a claim with them and it says October 6th is when I should be getting my $ back into my account. Why the %^& do I have to wait 3 weeks to get my own $ back that I worked for if I clearly have emails saying the package is gone and it will never be delivered to me? Just another fantastic day in dealing with USPS and PayPal. I bet they have Christmas parties together and laugh about all the ripping off they do of hard working people. Really makes me wanna get out of the hobby altogether. But then Im scared that all my packages are just going to be *lost in transit* even though they all have tracking numbers.

Dale

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

you have my sympathies. it does happen so often.

here is another story that sadly is so criminal yet nothing is done about it.

my niece was commissioned to do artwork for the NHLPA. she completed a select number of players likeness on canvas and sent them by purolator to the Hockey Hall of Fame to be autographed by the players themselves.
    the parcel was dropped off at purolator, weighed signed off and paid for by my niece. (IT NEVER LEFT PUROLATORS POSSESSION). when it "arrived" in Toronto it was just an empty box with a big slit in one side. the paintings had disappeared..
    purolator's response was "you should of insured it". (and yes she should of). they even refused to look for it, saying she musty of shipped an empty box. yet they weighed it when she dropped it off to determine how much she had to pay for shipping!! they also stated that they trust their employees and none of them were capable of theft. they accused her of running a scam!.
    since she hadnt insured the parcel and had no "proof" the paintings were actually in the box she had no way to determine a value. SHE GOT NOTHING - THEY DIDNT EVEN REFUND HER SHIPPING SAYING THE BOX ACTUALLY WENT TO TORONTO..
    sad but true, she is currently redoing the paintings but will be more aware in the future.
    makes you wanna throw a brick thru every purolator PARKED truck you see.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow Ice that sucks even more than my bad luck. Considering the amount of time she must have put into them :(

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I had a Sidney Crosby SP Authentic Rc ripped off when I sold it to a buyer in Florida. When the envelope arrived in his hands it was in a plastic bag and it had been tore open. He refused to accept the package. PayPal removed the money out of my account in seconds and then Canada Post took about 6 months to refund me.

I stopped selling on eBay after that. It really pissed me off how I was treated like a criminal by Canada Post, they practically accused me of sending an empty envelope until I reminded them that THEIR employee weighed the package and printed the shipping label. Then they told me I had to get the ripped envelope back from USPS. What? I sent the e-mail from USPS to Canada Post but they could not accept it. I had to convince a USPS employee to act as a liaison to speak with someone from Canada Post. Sounds reasonable hey? No dice says Canada Post. They will conduct their own investigation.

6 months later I eventually got my money back but somewhere someone is enjoying their free Crosby rc.
    Last edited by pwskelly; 09-17-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

Wow Ice that sucks even more than my bad luck. Considering the amount of time she must have put into them :(

she was very discouraged after all her effort, and she did have a timeline to work within. she is only about 26 years old and this was her first foray into this type of project. she was very lucky that Walter Gretzky was on PEI at that time and as his painting was part of the display (Gretzky's Charity Golf Event) he signed his in person

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pwskelly doesn't that piss ya off? Was it serial numbered? I had a Burrows stolen out of my condo when it was being shown by the people who were looking to rent it after I had moved out. I talked to the owners about it n they said there's no way they could have taken it because they were with them the whole time. Its like, ok, well. Where did it go then? I always look for it on eBay just to see if they are dumb enough to list it on there.

Ice, that is lucky! Must of been pretty cool to meet the dad of the great one :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

It was serial numbered and also graded by BGS so the slab also had a serial number. I often keep an eye on eBay and I forwarded all the numbers to Canada Post. Sadly enough, whoever has it now probably purchased it legitimately.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah but if you can find who bought it, you might be able to track down who they got it from who was associated with the postal service at some time which would make it obvious they ate the ones who stole it. I hope I see my two cards pop up somewhere one day so I can bust the losers who stole them from me, as well as have them federally charged for tampering with someone else's mail.