Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nothing bad can come out of this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-Africa.html

The United States government is sending thousands of military troops to the west African nation of Liberia as part of the Obama administration's Ebola virus-response strategy, the White House said late Monday night.

'U.S. Africa Command will set up a Joint Force Command headquartered in Monrovia, Liberia, to provide regional command and control support to U.S. military activities and facilitate coordination with U.S. government and international relief efforts,' a statement from the White House press office said.

'A general from U.S. Army Africa, the Army component of U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM), will lead this effort, which will involve an estimated 3,000 U.S. forces.'

Liberia is the hardest-hit of the four west African nations that have confirmed Ebola cases, accounting for more than one-half of the fatalities. The others are Sierra Leone, Guinea and, to a lesser extent, Nigeria.

Some of what America's armed personnel will do in Liberia is unclear. The White House said 'many' of them will be stationed at an 'intermediate staging base' where they will supervise the movement of medical staff, supplies and heavy equipment.

AFRICOM already warns its own personnel that they should 'avoid nonessential travel to Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Liberia.'

And the Defense Department is concerned, one Pentagon official told MailOnline, about the public perceptions aroused when American G.I.s patrol ground zero in a disease outbreak that could plunge three or more countries into chaos if it worsens significantly.

Combat soldiers and Marines 'will be on hand and ready for anything,' said the official, who has knowledge of some, but not all, of the Ebola-related planning. 'But hopefully it will be all logistics and hospital-building.'

'The president has ordered us to help, and we're eager to do it,' he said. 'Now it looks like we're going to be the lead dog, and that's bound to make a lot of people nervous. It's understandable.'

'But no one wants U.S. personnel enforcing someone else's martial law if things go south and the entire region is at risk.'

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Keep these troops in your thoughts and prayers. I am afraid they are going to need them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Allen West is already all over this and he seems ticked. His quote

Listening to Obama speech on attacking the virus Ebola just kinda wish he had been this proactive and energetic about confronting another virus, ISIS, back in January. Islamic jihadism is a virus that is already in America, guess that is cool with Barack Hussein Obama. I would rather send 3000 tough hard combat troops to fight ISIS and ensure the epidemic of Christian and religious minority genocide ceased. The world needs to step up against Islamo-fascism but I suppose fighting Ebola is easier for a faux Commander-in-Chief than to fight a real enemy of America. Nice optics there Barack, good try to change the subject, and make yourself seem like a leader fighting a really bad flu bug -- all the while you dismiss the cockroaches who behead Americans.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Allen West is one very, VERY stupid human being.
    ================================================== ==================================

Ever wonder what the U.S would look like if they weren't the World Police?

Ever wonder what we could've done for ALL that money we literally burn with our military?

Ever wonder why this country continues to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!?!?
    Last edited by JustAlex; 09-17-2014 at 02:55 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Sending our military to help enforce martial law in another country?? I've heard it all!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't understand why we are risking American lives to "combat" illness in another country. And why the heck are we sending the military? Why is the WHO not sending thousands of nurses and doctors? Where are the UN health care providers? I repeat...why the US military?

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is where we agree Alex. I always wonder why the US has to try and clean up everyone else mess. We do not even clean up our own back yard.
    ================================================== ==================================

Ever wonder what we could've done for ALL that money we literally burn with our military?

Ever wonder why this country continues to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!?!?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't understand why we are risking American lives to "combat" illness in another country. And why the heck are we sending the military? Why is the WHO not sending thousands of nurses and doctors? Where are the UN health care providers? I repeat...why the US military?

I agree. Seems like you need to send in people who know about this sort of stuff and not military. Also seems like the WHO and UN would be all over this.

As far as Allen West's quote... the Ebola outbreak is much more serious than ISIS, in my opinion. Besides, he quote is running on that oh so common idea that the president can and is only working on one specific issue at a time and can't act on others until said issue is fully fixed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is where we agree Alex. I always wonder why the US has to try and clean up everyone else mess. We do not even clean up our own back yard.

There are some things that we do because they benefit us or protect us or our interest, there are some things that we do because they benefit or protect our allies. This Ebola thing does neither.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Agreed
    there are some things that we do because they benefit us or protect us or our interest, there are some things that we do because they benefit or protect our allies. This ebola thing does neither.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast