Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

So Upper Deck called me today....

Someone from Upper Deck called me today and asked me to remove my 14-15 Ultra cards listed on ebay.

I didn't give him any trouble, but I feel kind of violated that Ebay would just give my home phone number and info to Upper deck.

It's not like they are the government or anything, they are a private corporation and it's not my fault that Walmart had the cards out early and I bought them.

I took the listings right down, because I understand their dilemma, but at the same time, I think more than just a heartfelt "thanks" should be in order. The guy just said thanks and hung up. I would think that after basically intruding on my right to privacy by strong arming ebay into giving away my home phone number, he would have at least asked me for my address to send some kind of care package to make up for the trouble. I mean, all I did was buy their product at the local retail store and then post it on the secondary market.

Should it really be my problem that they don't have all of their ducks in a row and can't control their distributors?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'd be more upset at eBay than Upper Deck.... and if I were Upper Deck I'd be more inclined to ask "where did you get these?" than "could you remove the listings?"

If these listings were actually a problem.... and one that eBay felt could be held against them so much that they'd give up your phone number, you'd think they'd just remove them and send you a generic explanation. One would also think that this is what Upper Deck would want, because you (by the sounds of things) could have said 'no'.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

I wouldn't have removed them...can they really do anything about it?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Not sure why they feel the need to remove them, its there issue that they might have gotten out before the official release date, but thats something they should be looking into and not going after the secondary and third party markets.

I agree that they should be going after the place you got them from and you should for sure follow up with a call to ebay as to how UD got your home number.

jim

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

I wouldn't have removed them...can they really do anything about it?

I didn't want to make it into a situation that complicated my life (i.e: more phone calls or letters, etc...) but I also kind of expected that the guy from Upper Deck might ask me my mailing address to send something out to me to say "thanks for helping us out"

Guess not

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

I didn't want to make it into a situation that complicated my life (i.e: more phone calls or letters, etc...) but I also kind of expected that the guy from Upper Deck might ask me my mailing address to send something out to me to say "thanks for helping us out"

Guess not

relist your ebay auctions and see what happens, dont think the have a legal right to come after you for their own mistake or that or their suppliers or distributers

jim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spavs's Items on eBay

Wow if only UD can put the same effort to get Mackinnon sign is FWa....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I'd be more upset at eBay than Upper Deck.... and if I were Upper Deck I'd be more inclined to ask "where did you get these?" than "could you remove the listings?"

If these listings were actually a problem.... and one that eBay felt could be held against them so much that they'd give up your phone number, you'd think they'd just remove them and send you a generic explanation. One would also think that this is what Upper Deck would want, because you (by the sounds of things) could have said 'no'.

which makes me think that it may not have been Upper Deck. Did you get a name?

However, I would be looking at eBay because they potentially provided your information to a 3rd party without authorization.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

In Canada we have strict privacy laws that could get a company in trouble for sharing your information without your knowledge. However, I have no knowledge about the US laws since this would likely fall under their's as it was allegedly ebay disclosing your info to UD. As for taking the listings down, my opinion is that it is not your problem that you listed them early as you did not agree to anything saying that you can't. If anything someone else broke their agreement with UD to sell the cards before the release date. Once the consumer has them, I doubt UD could do much about it at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I would re-list them just to see what happens! Worst case scenario is you would get a strike against your eBay account, which isn't really a big deal.

Canadian Government shut me down twice for listing something on eBay that has to abide by certain rules ie choice of wording etc, in order to list them. I rephrased the listing which did abide by both Canadian Government laws and eBay's rules but I was shut down again. One more strike within I think 60 days or something and my account would have been suspended. This did not affect my Seller Performance. It was also eBay who ended the item, took the listing down and refunded the buyer instantly and I was sent a message on eBay and e-mail both times.

I think that is absurd that Upper Deck called you and I almost don't believe it. This is why I would say screw it, and list them again just to test the waters.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast