Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The night before and over a week before are pretty significantly different time frames.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

I once talked to the local Wal Mart manager about the cards section and to my understanding, the store don't even stock that section. Somebody from their dealer comes in, figures out what goes where, tells them what's on the shelves for the next cycle and it's off to the next store. The only thing Wal-mart employees do is tidy it up to look neat. The store doesn't carry anything in the back either for that section.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

I'd be looking into a lawsuit if I were you for invasion of privacy

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does Canada have that dramatically different of a set of laws than the US?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Don't look too long or hard, though, because it's not.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

Yeah, I'm not the litigious type. I am sure it is covered somewhere in the ebay terms and conditions.

anyways, upper deck says that they'll be sending me something to say thanks, so I'm ok with it.

Crossing my fingers for something nice for the PC

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Don't look too long or hard, though, because it's not.

So eBay has the right to take your personal information and give it to whomever they want? Theres no legality reasons here for them to provide upper deck with private information.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I'm not the litigious type. I am sure it is covered somewhere in the ebay terms and conditions.

anyways, upper deck says that they'll be sending me something to say thanks, so I'm ok with it.

Crossing my fingers for something nice for the PC

Good to hear it. That should hopefully end things on a positive note.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So eBay has the right to take your personal information and give it to whomever they want? Theres no legality reasons here for them to provide upper deck with private information.

Your phone number isn't considered private information. Also yeah they can because I'm sure they had a whole army of lawyers write the tos.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

No. However, see the following:

There are times when we disclose your personal information to members of the eBay Inc. corporate family or other third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to operate or provide you access to our Services, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our policies, facilitate our advertising, or reduce or prevent fraud related to our Services. We minimize the amount of personal information we share to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.

Selling a product before the official street date is something that can land a vendor in legal hot water. Not always, but it can. eBay isn't directly selling the cards, but they are serving as a venue to do so. We have seen REPEATEDLY in recent months UD going after those who sells products prior to launch date. Stores have lost their CDD status for it. It's not a matter that they treat lightly. I again go back to the Apple-iPhone analogy--if an Apple product hit the streets prior to launch in an unauthorized fashion, Apple would make sure to correct the issue promptly. UD has done exactly the same thing here to protect the integrity of their intellectual property and to allow all of the licensed dealers (many of whom pay a lot of money for the privilege) an equal opportunity to receive and sell the product on the official release date.

Do you honestly believe that eBay would flippantly give out Adam's information to a corporate entity such as Upper Deck without ensuring that they were not violating their terms of service and requirements to retain private information? In all likelihood, Upper Deck probably didn't even NEED to contact eBay for anything other than verification that eBay seller adamslogik is the same individual that they have on their existing files. If he's ever entered a redemption (and let's face it, we've all been in the hobby long enough to have all entered a few in our day), UD has his information already.

The idea of telling someone to invest in a lawyer because he got a phone call from Upper Deck *asking* him (note: asking, not threatening in any way, shape or form) to take down the product from eBay, which shouldn't be on eBay, which shouldn't even be in his hands....it's absurd and a gross over-reaction. And one that would just cost him money and time on something that would be dismissed & debunked in about 30 seconds by an actual lawyer. He's already said that UD has followed up with him, thanked him for working with them, and offered to send him some product, so why would he go that route?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast