Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

Ok, I guess the situation is all my fault.

Totally justifies ignoring me.

I hope that you all get the exact same customer service everywhere you go.

After all, it should be 100% up to the customer to babysit the process every step of the way and jump through hoops in order to convenience the company who already took their money.

I mean, why SHOULD the company who made the defective product be made to do ANYTHING to go out of their way to take care of you. Why SHOULDN'T all of the emphasis be on you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think a lot of these type of situations could be avoided if Panini, or Topps, or UD let it be know that If people are returning damaged cards they are encouraged to pay for delivery tracking. Also, so the customer won't feel completely screwed by the added fee, the company would throw something extra with the replacement to compensate for the added cost.

However, tracking (and or insurance) only matters if the cards are received by the company. If they vanish in transit how is the card company culpable. Moreover, are they to assume that the senders claim of the contents is accurate? If someone calls to say they sent Panini a damaged 1/5 card, no tracking, no insurance, should Panini accept that as fact? Imagine the cans of worms that would open if it got out that Panini was replacing cards sight unseen.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

How should they monitor every single card that gets made ? Things always happen in manufacturing not matter how much QC there is .

I will ask this ... if you followed their rules and shipped with tracking , would this have happened ? Going your way every crooked person ( not by any means saying you are ) could call up Panini yelling they sent them cards and want something back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This thread got me to thinking... if we can deposit cheques to bank accounts just by taking a picture of them on our phones, what if Panini allowed you to do something like that for redemptions? Submit a scan of the card, negotiate an appropriate replacement via email, once agreed upon take a video of yourself destroying the card (the leprechaun tells me to burn things!), then Panini mails out the replacement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

BANNED

Country

1. Did you follow their replacement shipping policy? Answer is no so as a company this is a dead issue if they claim they haven't received anything. End of story. Deal with it.

Perhaps Vegas has going to send you a reply and maybe read this and felt it was maybe in his best interest to not reply.

All I know is I have sent in 4 different damage card requests and followed their process exactly and every time had my situation resolved fairly quickly.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Get serious, I'm sick of this "you can't treat me that way" attitude. Customer service reps are not kids, if they can't take it maybe they should find another job to pretend to do.

No they're not kids, but as I said above, they're human beings that deserve to be treated accordingly. Joe in CS didn't smash up your card, so flying off the handle on him doesn't serve any purpose other than to demonstrate the ability to mis-direct palpable rage over the phone.

They have a reasonable right to expect that, in their workplace, they'll be treated with respect from their co-workers and customers alike. It's not about having a sufficiently thick skin; it's about respect. Customers aren't kids either, if they can't behave like adults when attempting to resolve problems why should a rep spend more time with that individual than one who can be respectful when dealing what is, in actuality, a pretty simple process.

The entire stance I've taken here is not a matter of defending Panini or blaming collectors. You sent in a package to QC that didn't follow the established guidelines, treated their staff like garbage, and then came online to complain about how they didn't give you what you wanted when you were, in your own words "EXCEEDINGLY rude" and "very vulgar." I get frustration. Been there on many occasions. Having to deal with redemption replacements and QC isn't fun. But if you come to a community and flat-out admit that you behaved as you did...that doesn't really ramp up the sympathy factor.

I have lent a helping hand to a lot of folks over the years who have had issues with customer service, both related to the hobby and in other such mundane areas as not being able to get a particular type of product that was advertised in a flyer. I can't please all the people all the time but I'm always one with a sympathetic ear and a willingness to lend a helping hand. But through all my experiences in life there's a pretty common factor: respect. If you are disrespectful to people whose job is to help you, regardless of real or perceived slights against you, I lose a lot of sympathy for your plight. I've been on the receiving end of tirades; it's not fun. I have gone home from a shift infuriated that someone would completely flip out over an out of stock item, as though it were my fault that a supplier shorted us on our order. Because my skin is plenty thick, but I still have feelings and believe that treating a person like crap just because you think you're an aggrieved party is still not right.

So I feel for you for the situation, but you've really handled the process poorly. That's my nickel's worth of free advice for the day.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Ok, we've all had our say, yes? If Vegas had no idea about any of this before, he probably does now haha.

Before I go, I'd like to share this picture I took yesterday of the gigantic ditch beside the building I work in.

The guy in the SUV there, he had a worse day than anyone here.

Bye Felicia!

:D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123