Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

Hey PANINI, why you so useless?

Well, I had a great experience with upper deck today....

on the flip side of the coin, still waiting on resolution of this problem:

I had opened a pack of Playbook a few months ago, 2 of the 3 cards were damaged (MATT NIETO rookie playbook and a Marcel Dionne Fabled Fabrics /10).

I opened a ticket(including scans of the cards and of the serial numbered box hologram and UPC) and sent the cards back. over a month later I have not heard from Panini so I email them and explain the situation. They tell me that once they receive the cards they will send replacements. Right away I am worried because they should have the cards. A week later my ticket is closed, but nothing ever arrives for me. I open a new "general info" request to inquire about it, I receive another comment that gives me the impression that they have not even read my request fully, and says the same thing "we can't open a damaged item request without the cards, the receipt and the box top, please send them and we'll take care of you".

At this point I'm ticked, so I call, MULTIPLE TIMES because nobody returns my messages so I just keep calling until I reach someone. She asks me if I tracked the package and I tell her that unfortunately, I was not interested in paying $20+ to track and insure the package from Canada to the USA, since I already wasted $125 to get 2 damaged cards with a sell value of $40 combined, and a BASE card, which is all I have in hand at the moment. I know that they suggest tracking the packages, but there is not way to be reimbursed for the extra cost, and I figure if they have already disapointed me and stole my money once, by selling me defective cards(the cards were 100% NOT damaged during transport, because both cards were damaged on their FACES, not edges or corners, and the playbook was actually damaged ON THE INSIDE) so I am not willing to part with any more money just to get the cards that I already paid for once.

Anyways, the girl on the phone tells me they will see what they can do and call me back. A week later, I have received no call and I open another "genreral info" request once I cannot reach anyone on the phone, AGAIN. It is responded to very quickly, and they basically pretend like I never spoke with anyone on the phone and proceed to once again repeat the line about me sending everything in and them taking care of it then.

I am not ashamed to say that my next reply to the message was VERY vulgar and voiced the full extent of my displeasure.

Anyways, they just ignored it, no reply, no help.

I PM'ed Vegaspuck(as was suggested to me) about it at least 3 times over a period of almost a month.

Do you know how many replies I got from him?

ZERO

I get it that he might not be able to help me, but to NOT EVEN BOTHER WITH A REPLY is just plain rude. At least send me a reply saying "sorry, nothing I can do."

Granted, I may have been EXCEEDINGLY rude during my fourth reply to Panini on their website, but I am sick of companies just writing people off once they get so upset that they get rude. Basically, I am sick of customer service people who say "I don't need to deal with your attitude and until you calm down I won't help you"..... Guess what... if you're a customer service person, IT IS YOUR JOB TO CALM ME DOWN, not just to write me off because I am upset.

Congrats Panini, Congrats Vegaspuck, you're all a bunch of real class acts.

End rant.
    Last edited by adamslogik; 09-17-2014 at 08:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Well, if you won't get a reply from them, hopefully your colourfully worded response to them will give you a sense of some satisfaction.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country

Well, if you won't get a reply from them, hopefully your colourfully worded response to them will give you a sense of some satisfaction.

lol, what would be more satisfying would be getting my cards replaced!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry, but if you dont send items tracked, thats on you. Each company tells you to send with some sort of tracking. You cannot claim Panini has received your cards. Ive only sent a handful of cards in the mail to UD ( never to Panini ), but each time I sent with tracking, along with a hand written note inside the package explaining my situation and what I expected to get in return. From what I remember, one time I got nothing extra back, except a mint card of what was damaged. The second time I got a mint card, as well as a few packs of Upper Deck. Both of these replacements were quite small. The last time I sent a Getzlaf 2clr Cup Rookie. I explained how I viewed the card as damaged and mentioned that I did not want to take a lesser patch. This time, I got nothing extra, but they did upgrade my Getz to a 3clr patch.

And its pretty obvious to see you dont work in customer service. I do, and no, its not my job to calm you down. If you want to yell, fine. If you want to talk to my supervisors, fine. If you dont like my replies, thats fine as well. But just know every time I smile during our convo, or as nicely as I can ask you to please calm down, or every time I use the words "sir" and "ma'am" .... im really telling you where you can shove it =) ...... I might even be able to help you, be able to give you something free as compensation .... but once your a d-bag .... good luck with the person thats trying to help you.

Remember, you are mad at Panini, not the rep. .... do you think this rep. has the authority to walk into the warehouse, find you the exact card you want in return, throw it in a package and send it on your way? Theres really no point to be yelling at some low level customer service rep.

There sure is a lot of entitlement in your post.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I am in no way a hater of either company, However I have also had some terrible experiences with Panini when it comes to redemptions and having to call them. I have redeemed a total of 6 cards separately. By that I mean I opened a case of contenders and put in about 8 redemptions at the same time so Im not counting those. I received all but one of those in the same package. When it came to the separate cards I received ONE without having to call them. I had to call on all the other ones just to get it shipped. All cards were live for at least a few weeks and some for over a month and one over 6 months and I forgot about it. I called 3 times to get my RNH Contenders Auto Rc shipped. The first 2 times (Calls one week apart) they said it would be shipped next day. On the third time I was not very nice but I ended up getting the card shipped.

I have had problems with Panini not answering their phones too. I should not have to call to get my live cards shipped. In regards to your situation I think you could be in trouble. My point to my post is that Panini is not good when it comes to redemptions and getting through to them at least in my case and yours. I think you might have to speak to a manager and actually get confirmation that something is actually being done because them saying we will see what we can do doesn't mean they are doing anything.

Others have never had any problems but I have and I understand your frustration with them as I had to go through something similar with redemptions.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I agree, I've been waiting 2 years for Gubranson's Dominion RCS SP patch autos. I called 2 months ago to get replacements, they said they would send me something but nothing yet.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country

There sure is a lot of entitlement in your post.

Probably equal to the amount of CONDESCENSION in yours.

As far as entitlement goes, yeah, when I spend $100+ on a box of 3 cards, I expect that I am ENTITLED to non damaged cards.

I also believe that as a good customer service rep you have to expect customers to be angry when they call with a problem, so a little bit of empathy should be expected.

I worked in customer service for a long time, I did well, and I won awards, I managed my own team and eventually ran my own business. SUCCESSFULLY I might add.

You don't get to tell a customer that they are wrong to be upset, or choose to ignore or disregard them because you don't care for their attitude.

Panini Customer service reps are PAID to deal with upset customers and solve problems, maybe if they EARNED their salaries, there would be less upset customers.

Personally, I love Panini's designs, but their damaged card rate is much higher than UD and their customer service is atrocious.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Last edited by adamslogik; 09-17-2014 at 11:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I understand this from both points of view, but if Panini has not received the cards you sent them, whether they got lost or misplaced, Is there really anything Panini can do? Unfortunately without that proof and record of shipment, its just your word that your going off of. But I also see why you don't want to spend high dollars shipping cards in low value. At that point in time, is it really worth all the trouble? Hope you find a resolution and good luck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Heyyyyyyyyyy there gents!

This thread was reported to the mods as possibly a crap-fest in the making, and it was suggested that it be shut down. Me, I'm a firm believer in the whole freedom of expression thing, and I know first-hand when my freedoms are being stepped on so I'm sure not going to be the one to flip the kill-switch here. As long as we all keep it civil, ok?

Adam, you've been treated poorly for weeks by who knows how many people at Panini. For some strange reason, I might be the only guy out there who hasn't hahaha. Lord knows my redemptions haven't been spectacular or anything, but they've always been shipped to me promptly. But you're right, people in the customer service industry should be providing.......service. Now, I have no idea what went on between you and whoever during these phone calls, but I gotta say that I spent seven years in the same industry as Canucksfan there and whenever there was a problem it WAS my job to understand their issue and fix it or to kick it up to someone who could fix it, even if I was telling him/her to go and get bent in my head. Sometimes it was my fault, sometimes it was their own lunacy, it didn't matter, to them I was the company I was working for and it was on me. The easiest way to deal with a problem is to fix it, plain and simple.

That said, while I understand your reluctance to pay for tracking to the USA, there must have been a tiny voice in your head telling you what would happen if you didn't. Sorry, but it's like giving them a free pass, man!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am not ashamed to say that my next reply to the message was VERY vulgar and voiced the full extent of my displeasure.

Anyways, they just ignored it, no reply, no help.

This is what we call a "cause and effect" relationship.

If you walk into a store and start throwing a tantrum, will the manager be inclined to help you or is he going to ask you to leave and then come back when you can act like a civilized human being? I've watched enough episodes of Pawn Stars and worked in enough customer service jobs to know that the answer is the latter.

Just because you can't see the other person on the phone line doesn't mean that they're not a human being too. Treating them with dignity and respect begets dignity and respect coming back the other way.

It's unfortunate that you had a really bad experience but it sounds like it was largely a self-inflicted one. You go through the proper channels, good things happen. You try to cut corners and all of a sudden you've got a velociraptor chasing you all over the park because the electricity is down.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast