Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

Employees Steal $1.3 Million in Sports Cards

WILLIAMSVILLE (WKBW) Three men working at Dave and Adam's Card World in Williamsville, now convicted of taking over $1.3 million dollars worth of sports trading cards over a period of a year and a half. This was all done by exploiting a flaw in the software of the store's credit card machine, according to the Erie County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/Employees-S...274949181.html

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Read that on facebook and was Totally shocked to see the dollar amount.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

I read this and was shocked by the amount stolen. How the heck did they get all those boxes out of the store? I mean it was mentioned in the articles it was sometimes pallets full of boxes being stolen. I feel bad for the 5 employees they laid off. I also foresee a price hike in the near future to compensate. I hope I did not buy anything from these guys on Ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

They got it out of the store by "buying" them.....even though the flaw didnt actually take money...so at the time, it looked legit....but not catching it until 1.5 years later, especially that much money, is a flaw in someone's accounting

SCF Rewards
    Country

They got it out of the store by "buying" them.....even though the flaw didnt actually take money...so at the time, it looked legit....but not catching it until 1.5 years later, especially that much money, is a flaw in someone's accounting

I understand how they made it look legit. But come on that large a quantity of boxes going out? I mean one guy pulled out $700K+ alone and no one said anything when he is loading this up into his car even in waves it would seem suspicious to me but then I am a security guy now? When I worked at a retail outlet you had to purchase stuff from a manager or you would be questioned taking stuff out of the store. I guess more inventory control measures will be used now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I understand how they made it look legit. But come on that large a quantity of boxes going out? I mean one guy pulled out $700K+ alone and no one said anything when he is loading this up into his car even in waves it would seem suspicious to me but then I am a security guy now? When I worked at a retail outlet you had to purchase stuff from a manager or you would be questioned taking stuff out of the store. I guess more inventory control measures will be used now.

Pretty fishy if the boss didn't know what was going on!