Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Panini America Eyes the Jumbo Juiciness of 2013-14 Flawless Basketball (Gallery)

Of the myriad lessons we learned last year from the debut release of Flawless Basketball, perhaps none was more poignant than this: Diamonds, as it turns out, are not just a girl’s best friend. They’re a pretty big hit with high-end basketball collectors, too. Even now, almost a year after the groundbreaking release of 2012-13 Flawless Basketball, diamond-embedded base cards from that inaugural release remain in serious demand. And that bodes extremely well for the upcoming release of 2013-14 Flawless Basketball.

No one will argue with the fact that the premiere Flawless release left some gigantic shoes to fill for the follow-up. For the last 11 months, the Panini America Basketball Product Development Team has been diligently preparing a sequel designed not just to to meet those heightened expectations, but to exceed them. And that’s why you’ll notice more precious gems in 2013-14 Flawless Basketball (diamonds and emeralds have been joined by rubies and sapphires). Another development? The incorporation of even larger diamonds in the set’s 1/1 parallels. When you’re talking about diamonds, size absolutely matters — and bigger is better.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...ll/#more-89514
    Last edited by doniceage; 09-20-2014 at 05:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Panini will NEVER figure it out I guess...

Is it that hard to stamp/serial cards in matching foil color?

Why do I want a Ruby or Emerald card stamped/serialed in silver?

They did this with Gold Standard as well. A whole product dedicated to Gold but produced with silver serial numbers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors
    See alexmovel's Items on eBay

You're right it sticks out in the green ones the most. Just doesn't make sense.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You're right it sticks out in the green ones the most. Just doesn't make sense.

Right?! They did it with Certified, Limited, this years National Treasures. I guess the companies of yesteryear spoiled us... idk.
    Doesn't seem like to much to ask for though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

Panini has a "Basketball Product Development Team"?

If I want "jewels", I'll go to a jewelery store, I don't want it on my basketball cards.. Here's hoping for action shots on the cards.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Panini has a "Basketball Product Development Team"?

If I want "jewels", I'll go to a jewelery store, I don't want it on my basketball cards.. Here's hoping for action shots on the cards.

No doubt, I was so put off by the foiling techiniques I failed to recognize the "princess" touch. Very odd for basketball cards and collecting in general.

And yes Zepp, the photography...some more "look at me with the ball" shots for sure. Spectra did fair and offered some action shots but...

I need to back through ALL their releases before I get too critical.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Doesn't look that grand