Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Kinda like what you see in the Edmonton Oilers Collection or SPGU Letter Marks.

Used correctly, I like them. I think the old UD Black Pride of a Nation cards are gorgeous. The patches there enhance the cards spectacularly.

There's a lot of examples of them where I think it's a waste and very out of place (i.e. using them in a product called SP Game Used), but obviously you can't expect them to be using full flag pieces willy-nilly, so it works here.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

So sell them to Canadians. I'm sure you won't find any shortage of willing takers.

Your 100% right I could do that I was just saying that some Americans aren't really interested in team Canada Cards in actual products. I have no problem at all with Canadian products of their own. I love the idea of the junior prospects set. I can grab a couple sweet cards of Derrick Pouliot.

I also understand that not every product is aimed at me as you can see in my post above when I said " I have no problem with Team Canada sets that are separate products its not for me I wont buy it." You can never please everyone its not possible. I was just making a point that Im not a fan of having Team Canada cards in a product that isnt a Team Canada separate product.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Your 100% right I could do that I was just saying that some Americans aren't really interested in team Canada Cards in actual products. I have no problem at all with Canadian products of their own. I love the idea of the junior prospects set. I can grab a couple sweet cards of Derrick Pouliot.

I also understand that not every product is aimed at me as you can see in my post above when I said " I have no problem with Team Canada sets that are separate products its not for me I wont buy it." You can never please everyone its not possible. I was just making a point that Im not a fan of having Team Canada cards in a product that isnt a Team Canada separate product.

As long as Canada remains the primary market for hockey cards, it's gonna happen. The whole discussion is a bit comical, really. It's like me saying I hate seeing Bruins cards in a set because I'm not interested in collecting them ever and I hate the Bruins. There's always going to be cards that people "aren't really interested in" no matter what product it is--but there's always going going to be those collectors for whom that hit you don't care one whit about is their ultimate card from the product.

Until the day comes that UD produces a Carey Price career retrospective set featuring 250 cards chronicling his legacy and career, even I will have to grit my teeth at the prospect of opening a product and seeing faces I do not care about.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Well here's my opinion, i just broke a box an hour ago (scans are up in the box break section), and honestly not a bad product.

In a single box i pulled two patch autos (and these designs are unique, nice touch having the gold maple leaf around the patches), pulled three single jerseys, along with a triple jersey (and at least they didnt kill these, they are only 1:192 packs, with only 18 packs per box making it 1 in 10.5 boxes give or take). Also, two red parallels /199, and a SP red parallel /99, and even the Gold parallel bases have different levels of SPs.

Regular autos are not overmade and put 2-3 per box, the easiest base auto to hit is 1:123 packs.

This will actually give a challenge to people doing the auto sets.

And in regard to over-doing Team Canada stuff, at least this product has all the females in it, including the patch autos which I think is a pretty good idea. When's the last time you saw a sweet patch auto of Wickenheiser or other female stars like that?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

As long as Canada remains the primary market for hockey cards, it's gonna happen. The whole discussion is a bit comical, really. It's like me saying I hate seeing Bruins cards in a set because I'm not interested in collecting them ever and I hate the Bruins. There's always going to be cards that people "aren't really interested in" no matter what product it is--but there's always going going to be those collectors for whom that hit you don't care one whit about is their ultimate card from the product.

Until the day comes that UD produces a Carey Price career retrospective set featuring 250 cards chronicling his legacy and career, even I will have to grit my teeth at the prospect of opening a product and seeing faces I do not care about.

Very Good point right there. That gave me a different view on it. I see why you think it is comical as I now see it too. Im not one to change my opinion a lot but you got me there.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I loved the Canada product last year, but I'll skip this one. I'm not too big on prospects stuff, I prefer older stars.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Every so often this old squirrel finds his acorn.

I'm continually blown away by the hobby love that players I've never even heard of receive. Why does Tom Wilson (Capitals) have such a following? Why does a Finnish prospect with one game under his belt outsell 90% of the rookies out there? Do I even watch the games?!

And that's what makes breaking wax the occasional fun adventure. I may not particularly care for a Florida Panthers rookie hit, but if I can make someone's day by hooking them up with that card, and get something cool in return...hey, that's what propels the online trading community right?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Honest thoughts? It's a nice idea, but I wouldn't touch it.

Really, this is an excuse for Upper Deck to make Connor McDavid cards, so ITG doesn't have a monopoly on him for another year. There's a few other names this applies to as well, but he's the big one.

I like the idea of adding the Ladies, though I would imagine that there will be little interest in these cards, other than by a few collectors - and master set builders.

I'm also not much of a prospects guy, so there isn't really much in this set that interest me. Could have used pics of players from the last 25 years @ the WJC - and that would have made this a much better product. Of course it would have made it more expensive too.

As for the "too much Team Canada, not enough Team USA or other countries" comments - USA Hockey wants a fortune for their license, and nobody is rich enough to pay for it. That's why those cards aren't getting made. UD bought a Team Canada license, so they're using it (and I will give them a bit of credit for that, since they sat on it for a couple of years and did nothing with it..... same with the AHL. Buy up these license so that their competition can't, and figure out what to do with them later)

SCF Rewards
    Country

As an American I doubt this opinion will matter but Jeez the UD Team Canada stuff is getting old quick. Now I don't mind Team Canada stuff but UD just puts it out in just about everything, why have a Team Canada set when theres already Team Canada cards in several other UD sets.

Let's see if we can put together a list of releases with Team Canada cards/inserts (Feel free to add any I miss):
    13-14
    Team Canada (stand alone release)
    Artifacts (Base, Jerseys, a lot)
    Ultimate (has some Team Canada signatures)
    SPGU (Team Canada Fabrics)
    UD2 (Programme of Excellence)
    The Cup (Will likely have Programme of Excellence autos again and previous years have had TC Signature Patchs, Limited Logos, Trios, Quads, etc.).

Those are just the sets I can think of off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong I don't mind Team Canada cards and understand completely why they're made (Canada is the #1 hockey market) but can UD cool it just a bit? If you're going to have a stand alone Team Canada release do you really need Team Canada cards in 5+ other releases? Whats the point of a Team Canada only Product when theres Team Canada in 50% of your other products?

OPC has TC autos as case hits as well

SCF Rewards
    Country

im excited about the griffin reinhart and adam pelech cards 2 solid d prospects for the isles

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast