Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Death Panel Concept is alive and well!

In case you do not recognize ole Zeke he was one of the chief architects of Obamacare. So who is willing to let the government determine if your life has purpose? Both of my parents are in the their late 70's and I find Emanuel's words chilling. I want to see the defense of this train of thought.

Obamacare architect Dr. Zeke Emanuel explained on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" why he believed 75 years was long enough for a person to live, saying that's about the time health began to decline.

"I picked 75, when you think about the combination of physical decline, the rise of Alzheimer's, the loss of creativity. And I really say you need to think about what you're going to leave your children, your family, your community, the country," Emanuel said on Monday.

In an article in September's issue of "The Atlantic" provocatively titled, "Why I Hope to Die at 75," Emanuel spelled out his case for why longevity in life didn't necessarily translate to quality as people advanced in age.

"Seventy-five. That's how long I want to live: 75 years," Emanuel wrote in the article. "Here is a simple truth that many of us seem to resist: Living too long is also a loss. It renders many of us, if not disabled, then faltering and declining, a state that may not be worse than death but is nonetheless deprived."

Emanuel told "Morning Joe" that it all boiled down to "the meaning and the purpose of your life," adding that Americans had a tendency to believe they were the "American immortal — they do everything to live as long as possible."

"One of the big American beliefs is this thing called compression of morbidity. You know, we're just going to be healthy, healthy, healthy, fall off the cliff, and we won't have any of this disability.

"The reality is, that hasn't been, in the last 25 years, the way it's gone. Disabilities increase every time we live longer. And then there's Alzheimer's. At 85, between a third and half of the people have Alzheimer's. Does that sound so desirable to you to live to 100?" he said.

One fear of Obamacare among some was the concept of "death panels" that could deny treatment for illness for a person as they advanced in age. Emanuel said that while he had "been against euthanasia for 25 years," he did support the idea of a person halting their medical care once they got to a certain age.

"I am about 'I'm not going to the doctor. I'm going to stop doing the doctor stuff,'" he said. "The question isn't living longer. The question is high-quality life. This is what most people want."

Last edited by 37jetson; 09-22-2014 at 05:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So what does he think of "disabled people"? Would he have just killed off Stephen Hawkins because he doesn't have the same perverted quality of life this guy thinks everyone needs?

If he is going to worry about growing old just have him stroll around his brother's Chicago at night for awhile. I guarantee you he never makes it anywhere near 75 years old.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My dad is 81 and thanks to healthy living is in better shape than many people in their mid 60's. In fact, I regularly see people who I went to school with (I am 45) that look as old as my dad thanks to a life of smoking and drinking and probably drugs. Quality of life does not end at a certain number, it ends when you stop striving for quality of life.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

this dudes a fool,some people dont make their best contributions to mankind till later in life

SCF Rewards
    Country

AHEM!

2009 Politifact Lie of the year......"Death Panel" comments by the STUPIDEST woman in America, Sarah Palin.

Source: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-death-panels/

But I see that one of the oldest trick in the books is still very much alive.

Repeat a lie over and over and people will believe it's true.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

AHEM!

2009 Politifact Lie of the year......"Death Panel" comments by the STUPIDEST woman in America, Sarah Palin.

See - Global Warming.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

AHEM!

Ahem back at ya. Do me a favor. Open THIS LINK and play the video and as it plays read the article that 37jetson quoted.

What Politifact says about Sarah Palin in 2009 has zilch to do with what Emanuel said on Morning Joe.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

AHEM!

It is absolutely true. I've faced it first hand with my wife's grandmother. It may be a harsh, scare-tactic type word, but it does exist. Do you have first hand knowledge of how they are treating people? Requirements and mandates that never used to exist? Who determines type of care? I do, I saw it first hand and it probably cost my wife's grandmother her life recently. I'm amazed at some people and how they continue to not face reality.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Remember this?

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...299_Page2.html

Kathleen Sebelius denied that child a lung. That child had a few weeks to live. Luckily, a Judge overturned the ruling and that child's life was saved.

But it's all a lie right Alex?

SCF Rewards
    Country

So the opinion of an newspaper editorial board is a fact in your mind? You are smarter than that.

There is no current mechanism that I am aware of to serve as a Death Panel. What should scare everybody with a pulse is the thinking of one of the ARCHITECTS/AUTHORS of Obamacare. It is pretty obvious what Zeke is describing with his diatribe against older people consuming too many health care benefits. Should the government kill these people? Should these people be good citizens and kill themselves? Can we get rid of people that believe a certain way whether they be Christians, Atheists, Democrats, Republicans? Am I laying it on thick enough?

If America sits back and does nothing it is assured that Zeke's vision will be implemented.

AHEM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast