Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

One question, if there is No God then how was anything created ?

We (and when I say "we" I mean the ENTIRE human race) do not know.

There, I answered your question.

But of course most people are not satisfied with that answer, even if it's the ONLY reasonable answer to that question.

For something to be created there has to be someone to do so. So, in regard to the creation of universes,stars,planets,people,animals,plants,atom s,electrons,neutrons,etc there had to be a God.

And who created the creator?

A super god?

And who created that super god?

And who created the creator of the super god?

And who created the creator of the super god creator?

I can keep going and going, but I think you see the point.

Saying "God did it" is not an answer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

God is God. There is no one like him. He's the ONLY ONE that has been around even before day 1(as we see it), and the ONE who created. Nothing can be created without someone to create. So, there has to be God or NOTHING would have every been created. God is the ONLY BEING that has been around since creation. He is the CREATOR. Sorry if you don't agree, see, or understand this.

Have a good day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

OriolesFan, I can appreciate your position and agree in a way. I think the issue is once we label this "Creator" as "God", "He", and such we perhaps have lost the whole concept of it. As humans, with a human brain, we tend to do many things, such as try and relate what we don't know. to what we know.

Alex, you have no reason not to question where did this "Creator" derive from, a riddle batman could not even figure out. A source of all sources seems to lack logic yet at the same time seems to be the only answer. There had to be the "One", but this "one" could have been an energy we know nothing about, it could have been started in some dimension we would not know to exist, it could be an old white, bearded, and robed man with a staff.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you know what a tautology is, and why this statement is flawed?

Nothing can be created without someone to create.

So who created your god?

God is the ONLY BEING that has been around since creation. He is the CREATOR. Sorry if you don't agree, see, or understand this.

And you know this how?

Alex, you have no reason not to question where did this "Creator" derive from, a riddle batman could not even figure out. A source of all sources seems to lack logic yet at the same time seems to be the only answer. There had to be the "One", but this "one" could have been an energy we know nothing about, it could have been started in some dimension we would not know to exist, it could be an old white, bearded, and robed man with a staff.

Yeah....thus we don't know.

There's your answer.

We don't know how it all happened, we don't know if there's a god or not....we simply don't know.

I will not give a fallacious answer and say that I know god is real or fake, I don't know.

Don't like this way of thinking? Neither do I.

But I've come to grips with reality....and it's not pretty, but at least it's honest.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Alex, then your reality is you are not an atheist, so why do you label yourself as one? Where is the honesty in that?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex, then your reality is you are not an atheist, so why do you label yourself as one? Where is the honesty in that?

Well if we want to be technical, I'm an agnostic-atheist.

That's my position on god.

I honestly and genuinely do not know.

However, I don't believe he exists....see, that is a position of belief, positions of beliefs do not require knowledge.

I believe the Dolphins WILL WIN the Super Bowl one of these years.

Do I KNOW that this will actually happen? Absolutely not.

But I believe it.

You see....I take a similar approach in the subject of god.

I genuinely do not know if he exists, but I'm gonna stake my beliefs on the null hypothesis....if there isn't any evidence towards the positive (that god exists), then I don't believe it.

And I will ask again, WHY should I believe that god exists?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well if we want to be technical, I'm an agnostic-atheist.

That's my position on god.

I honestly and genuinely do not know.

However, I don't believe he exists....see, that is a position of belief, positions of beliefs do not require knowledge.

I believe the Dolphins WILL WIN the Super Bowl one of these years.

Do I KNOW that this will actually happen? Absolutely not.

But I believe it.

You see....I take a similar approach in the subject of god.

I genuinely do not know if he exists, but I'm gonna stake my beliefs on the null hypothesis....if there isn't any evidence towards the positive (that god exists), then I don't believe it.

And I will ask again, WHY should I believe that god exists?

The fatal flaw in all of your angles is you compare knowledge of god (something that can never be truly known by humans) to things like rain or Super Bowl victories (things that can possibly happen). There is no logic in that.

"I do not believe in god, but I acknowledge that there may be a god" is not remotely the same as "I do not believe it will rain tomorrow, but I acknowledge that it may rain tomorrow". Quite simply, you are an agnostic that likes to call yourself an atheist to justify your bigotry and you try to use these lame analogies to try and convince everyone that your flawed logic is valid.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The fatal flaw in all of your angles is you compare knowledge of god (something that can never be truly known by humans) to things like rain or Super Bowl victories (things that can possibly happen). There is no logic in that.

It's an attempt to make the analogy as simplistic as possible....and actually I moved away from the rain comparison because I didn't think it was a good comparison either, that's why I went to the Dolphins analogy.

In my Dolphins analogy I am telling you that I have a strong belief that the Dolphins WILL WIN the SB one of these years....I'll even go further, I believe it will happen within my lifetime.

Do I have any way of knowing whether or not this will occur? No I do not.

The Dolphins may never win another SB in their history, they may move to another city and change their name, they may be defunct, the NFL may be defunct....who knows what can happen to make my belief incorrect.

But you DO have a point to your credit, the Dolphins winning the SB CAN possibly happen....in fact it's got a 1 in 32 chance of occurring.

Those odds are not bad at all.....especially when thinking what the odds must be that God does exists despite all the evidence that contradicts his nature.....especially the RELIGIOUS gods.

The Christian god in particular....the evidence currently available that disputes his nature is actually OVERWHELMING.

For example, we KNOW that earth was not created before the Sun, and yet the Christian god supposedly created the Earth before the Sun.

We have STRONG evidence that humans and all life on earth has evolved over time....and yet the Christian god supposedly created man from dust in it's current form on day #6.

So imagine if MY belief that the Dolphins can be 100% wrong despite the VERY good odds that it has.

What about the beliefs of Christians when all the evidence points that their god and what we see in this reality are in such a HUGE contrast?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Watch the movie "God's Not Dead". Maybe that will help you see that God is still ALIVE. Have a good afternoon.
    Last edited by OriolesFan; 09-30-2014 at 02:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Then why answer with yes/no? If you think there is a chance or possibility then why take an absolute position? I am agnostic because yes/no are not options for me.

I get your point. It's hard for me to articulate but most people tend to answer with a yes or a no. Technically everyone should be agnostic since there's zero concrete evidence one way or the other, but get why people want to identify with a yes or no side. Part of it is personal belief, what ever those may be.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast