Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post First Look: 2014-15 Upper Deck SP Game-Used Hockey

http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/09/...e-used-hockey/

Each pack of 2014-15 SP Game Used Hockey will feature five autograph or memorabilia hits in every pack. In an interesting twist, one of those hits may be occasionally replaced by a scarce numbered base or rookie card. There will only be one pack per box and Upper Deck looks to have reinvented the brand in fine fashion.

First off, the 100-card base set will be limited to the player’s jersey number and that should create some incredible hits for player collectors. While one may pull a Patrick Kane card limited to 88 copies, the Alexander Ovechkin card will be considerably tougher to find since he wears the number 8 on the ice. Rookie cards will also be limited to the prospect’s number, but there are 1/1 signed versions that will be quite coveted.

The bread and butter of SP Game Used has always been the memorabilia cards and Upper Deck acquired several pieces from the Stanley Cup Final, Stadium Series and Winter Classic that will give collectors a direct connection to these historical events. Game-Used Pucks and Game-Used Jersey cards from these will be the easiest to find, but collectors can also look for much more limited cards such as Commemorative Patch and Tag parallels, Net Cords and Net Skirt Shield Patches.

One of the most popular hits from recent years have been the Draft Day Marks cards and they will return again in 2014-15. Naturally, the content of this set will be determined by the players that debut this season. These cards are numbered to 35 or less.

A typical 10-box inner case break is going to yield a strong assortment of cards and collectors can expect to pull one or more Base Veteran, Base Rookie or Veteran Auto cards, six Base Rookie Autographs, two Draft Day Marks and one Net Cord card. There should also be one Base Veteran Patch, a Base Rookie Patch, and a Stadium Series Patch to go along with two or more Inked Sweaters or Rookie Sweaters cards.

To top in all off, there will be one or more super premium relics in each 10-box case from such sets as Authentic Fabric Quad, Six or Eight Patches (limited to 10 copies or less), Tandem Twigs (numbered to 15), Stadium Series Commemorative Patches (numbered to 8), Game Gear (numbered to 3) and Stadium Series Net Skirt Shield Patch (numbered to 3). There also some intriguing Career Legacy Patches (numbered to 25) and Supreme Patch, Supreme Stick, Supreme Glove and Supreme Skate cards with jumbo memorabilia swatches (limited to 12 copies each) that are sure to be highly sought-after.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hummmm !!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looking good :)
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Will UD be able to release Drouin cards now that he is going to miss the first month? For example lets say this product was to come out in mid October would they be able to put those Drouin cards in the product? Obviously I know that he will be back before most products come out so it wont have any affect on this product but hypothetically what would have happened?

I don't think it affects any of their products. Just wondering as to what would happen.

I really think the design looks sharp especially the Rookie Autos.
    Last edited by theboxbreaker96; 09-25-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wonder how much per one pack??

I guess only a few people will ever be able to do a base set..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

By "commemorative" I am assuming they mean "not game used".... is that safe to say? SP Commemorative?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

"Each pack of 2014-15 SP Game Used Hockey will feature five autograph or memorabilia hits in every pack. In an interesting twist, one of those hits may be occasionally replaced by a scarce numbered base or rookie card. There will only be one pack per box and Upper Deck looks to have reinvented the brand in fine fashion."

Am I reading that right? It makes it sound like the auto & memorabilia cards are the expected finds in the pack and the base cards will be the random hits.

Base cards limited to player jersey #? Me no like...bad medicine!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country

SPGU has been horrible for many years .... it might be dollar for the dollar the worst product UD has put out year after year.

That being said, UD did something new with SPGU. They almost took a page out of ITGs book ..... $100 - $150ish box / pack .... and all your hits are there.

The base cards being numbered to their jersey number, kind of cool ..... a fun card to chase for player / team collectors. There arnt many base set collectors, and if there are im sure they will be ok with having some sort of challenge other than the Canvas SPs or going all the way to the top with The Cup.

IMO, the patch quality was STELLAR in 09/10 and 10/11. My favorite 2 years of SPGU hands down. The patches, almost all had multi colors, and many were even logo patches.

To me, SPGU is all about the mem. hits ....... put crappy patches in this product ... it will flop ..... make even the SPGU patches /35 somewhat nice and youve got yourself a winner.

Hope they keep up the Supreme Sticks / Patches / Skates & Game Gear ...... those are keepers for this product
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Will UD be able to release Drouin cards now that he is going to miss the first month? For example lets say this product was to come out in mid October would they be able to put those Drouin cards in the product? Obviously I know that he will be back before most products come out so it wont have any affect on this product but hypothetically what would have happened?

I don't think it affects any of their products. Just wondering as to what would happen.

I really think the design looks sharp especially the Rookie Autos.

No. If he doesn't play a game, they won't be able to make cards of him. I can't see this product being out in October though. More likely December. Should be okay.

SPGU has been horrible for many years .... it might be dollar for the dollar the worst product UD has put out year after year.

That being said, UD did something new with SPGU. They almost took a page out of ITGs book ..... $100 - $150ish box / pack .... and all your hits are there.

The base cards being numbered to their jersey number, kind of cool ..... a fun card to chase for player / team collectors. There arnt many base set collectors, and if there are im sure they will be ok with having some sort of challenge other than the Canvas SPs or going all the way to the top with The Cup.

IMO, the patch quality was STELLAR in 09/10 and 10/11. My favorite 2 years of SPGU hands down. The patches, almost all had multi colors, and many were even logo patches.

To me, SPGU is all about the mem. hits ....... put crappy patches in this product ... it will flop ..... make even the SPGU patches /35 somewhat nice and youve got yourself a winner.

Hope they keep up the Supreme Sticks / Patches / Skates & Game Gear ...... those are keepers for this product

I have never liked this product. Bang for your buck, it's consistently the worst set UD puts out, year after year. The reconfiguration kind of intrigues me though. Depending on the checklist & price point, I may actually do a box (pack). The fact that it's much more similar to some of the ITG one-pack boxes of recent years has a lot of appeal for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

I thought I saw the release date as Jan 15th 2015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast