Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

I like the reconfiguration and may crack a pack or two depending (like always) upon price. Tricky product for group breaks. This will be interesting to see vs. Ultimate as time goes on. With Ultimate at $90-$100 and SPGU adding at least two more hits per pack, the $118 from D&A (Jan 7 release) seems like a fair price.

For the base cards, I guess I'm OK with it - certainly adds value as I think player collectors outnumber the set collectors who might be going for this particular set. I would probably prefer something like Essential Credentials (e.g., two versions - one super short and the other relatively accessible).

SCF Rewards
    Country

So the 4 pack spgu is like $85 but this one pack is supposed to be $118?? With a crappy rookie year.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not every product has to focus on rookies. And given the title of the product and the promotion of game-used articles contained therein, SPGU has a decidedly veteran-content driven approach. And that's just fine.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

So the 4 pack spgu is like $85 but this one pack is supposed to be $118?? With a crappy rookie year.

A pretty uneducated member of the hobby buys SPGU for their rookie content
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not every product has to focus on rookies. And given the title of the product and the promotion of game-used articles contained therein, SPGU has a decidedly veteran-content driven approach. And that's just fine.

We'll I'd get prime if I wanted any of that stuff...way better for the price.

But I do like the plain jersey # rookies...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

A pretty uneducated member of the hobby buys SPGU for their rookie content

at least HALF of the hits in most boxes I seen this year were rookie year players.

75% of the autographed content was non numbered auto rc's. At least HALF of the jersey content was rookie authentics(or duals, triples, etc...) there were rookie inked sweaters, rookie significant numbers, rookie fight straps, Draft day marks and Authentic Rookies numbered to jersey number.

This year SPGU was pretty much all about rookies.

So to call someone uneducated for making reference to that fact is pretty ironic.

Just sayin'

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

at least HALF of the hits in most boxes I seen this year were rookie year players.

75% of the autographed content was non numbered auto rc's. At least HALF of the jersey content was rookie authentics(or duals, triples, etc...) there were rookie inked sweaters, rookie significant numbers, rookie fight straps, Draft day marks and Authentic Rookies numbered to jersey number.

So to call someone uneducated for making reference to that fact is pretty ironic.

Just sayin'

Good Point however I think I know what he meant to say as he didn't say it right. When you think of SPGU you don't think of rookie card. When you think of must have rookie cards you don't think of SPGU. SPGU doesn't come off as a rookie product like SPA, SPX, Ultimate, BD and more. When you think of SPGU you think of Jersey cards and a few autos you don't think of rookie.

Granted your point is 100% correct however when you buy SPGU or at least if I do Im not aiming to hit a Mackinnon Rookie like I am in SPA or SPX. I think that's what his point was. Also I am fascinated that there are that many rookies included in SPGU I didn't know.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just sayin'

I guess you didnt read my post, saying the last few years of SPGU were complete garbage. Why? ..... most likely the over load of rookie content .... UD shoving rookies down everyones throat ... because most people only care about is the current rookie crop.

They 1st had all rookies with the same serial numbering, like /999. Then they started to SP some of the rookies, making a a tier 1 numbered /699, and SPs numbered to /99 ...... both didnt do very well ( especially compared to other similar print run rookies ). UD nailed it with the jersey number rookies though last year, and without Titanium the market will be happy to have them around. Too bad the filled the rest of the product with non numbered sticker auto "rookies".

Like I said before, make the chase cards really nice patches ..... single to octo patches ( same with jerseys ) .... and make sure they are all numbered ( at least triple and up for jerseys, everything numbered for patches ) ..... keep stuff like the Supreme sticks / pads / skates / emblems / etc ..... + the game gear "completes" /3 ........ more importantly, stop putting in the garbage filler patches on every card. Add in the jersey numbered rookies, maybe something like a draft position parallel ....... and you got yourself a product with good potential. Also, the use of manufactured patches has to stop. Spelling out names, team names, nicknames ...... a players jersey number every year ..... and even worse, if they are rookies .... gotta take that garbage out

Suppose thats why UD changed up SPGU this year ... hopefully for the better.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

As a team collector of mostly base cards, I am not so sure I like the idea of having them numbered to the player's jersey number. However, I can see the benefit for box breakers in the value of doing so.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hope a random pack wont be like before those 1$ regular jersey cards in every pack and a random auto sticker card.. hardly worth the boxprice whatever it will land on..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast