Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think that players from 10-11 through 13-14 will not sell very well in the long run because of the Panini factor. By that I mean that Panini focused on rookies so much and produced so many rookie autos and such that it hammered the value. If you look back from 09-10 through 05-06 The number of rookie autos is very low compared to now and those guys sell decent compared to Hall, seguin, Landeskog and more. Granted the those guys are all now superstars in the League now (Malkin, Toews, Stamkos, Tavares) Hall is not on their level but one day could be. However being in the Panini era he will never sell for as much as those guys even if he becomes a superstar. Same with Nugent Hopkins and even Mackinnon however will be better than most.

Not a knock on Panini just stating my thoughts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381002729318...84.m1423.l2649

Not even a HOF'er and just a patch.....market not completely dead....

Why would anyone want to pay equal money for Hall, Landeskog, etc. compared to Malkin, Stamkos, etc.....??????

How many cards of RNH in Cup 11-12? UD is just as bad at playing the rookie game. You had spx, spgu, spa, opc premier, cup, ultimate, hot prospects etc....yeah not many rookie auto's....from UD

Btw, this hall auto is not his rookie so no one cares... His FWA still sells decently at around $80 which is a fair price.

Rookie auto's will not go up for 14-15 with Panini gone...

Not even sure why you are comparing this card to rookie cards of 05-06 and so on...........that era/market is not returning

Yeah its Panini's fault that 13-14 series 1 boxes are $60 and all the cards are worthless except for one....lol
    Oh wait, UD never stopped running the presses....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just got a 13-14 Taylor hall sign on the times gold for 15 bucks. Half price of what the last few have gone for. This is fun!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, As an oiler collector I have noticed this as well. I've picked up a few high end Taylor Hall's recently for below average costs. I can even say the same with HOF Sakic cards as well. But I predict once the season starts, especially for Edmonton, the prices will pick up to their previous sales

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I agree with the over-production of rookies since 10-11 season for sure. While I think Taylor Hall turned out to be quite a dirty player I think his cards should be valued higher. That is happening to all the Edmonton Rookies though since they are so terrible after getting so many #1 picks over the years. So that is a factor. I also think it is a shame players like Landeskog also go for so little because he is a pretty bad-™™™ player. MacKinnon seems like the real deal and he is selling incredibly well as the anticipation of his performance grows as the season comes closer.

Just a hunch by the description of a couple future releases this season of Upper Deck, Rookies should be few and far between compared to the last 4 years. Let's hope the market becomes less saturated so we don't have to chase hundreds of cards of 1 player.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmlalala's Items on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381002729318?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

Not even a HOF'er and just a patch.....market not completely dead....

Why would anyone want to pay equal money for Hall, Landeskog, etc. compared to Malkin, Stamkos, etc.....??????

How many cards of RNH in Cup 11-12? UD is just as bad at playing the rookie game. You had spx, spgu, spa, opc premier, cup, ultimate, hot prospects etc....yeah not many rookie auto's....from UD

Btw, this hall auto is not his rookie so no one cares... His FWA still sells decently at around $80 which is a fair price.

Rookie auto's will not go up for 14-15 with Panini gone...

Not even sure why you are comparing this card to rookie cards of 05-06 and so on...........that era/market is not returning

Yeah its Panini's fault that 13-14 series 1 boxes are $60 and all the cards are worthless except for one....lol
    Oh wait, UD never stopped running the presses....

RC Autos of Stamkos

OPC Premier /299
    SP Authentic /999
    SPx /499
    The Cup /99
    UD Black /99
    Ultimate Collection /99

RC Autos of Hall

Certified /499
    Crown Royale /99
    Dominion /99
    Limited /299
    Luxury Suite /199
    Playoff Contenders SP
    SP Authentic /999
    SPx /499
    The Cup /99
    Ultimate Collection /99
    Zenith /199

Not to mention the numerous insert autos that would put the numbers even more in Hall's favor. I believe that was the point theboxbreaker96 was trying to make. Nothing against Panini, not sure why you saw it as an attack against Panini, but there's obviously more autos for 10-11 RC's compared to RC's before that year, which will hurt value

SCF Rewards
    Country

Comparing Hall and Stamkos is funny enough but...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Nfj%2BSjSHo%3D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Nfj%2BSjSHo%3D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-upperd...p2047675.l2557

His rookie autos don't go for much unless its really high end.

You are forgetting older and older sets dry up more and more as they go into collections.
    Plus Stamkos does not sign that much so that makes him more valuable.

This year you'll have...rookie auto's in..14-15

Triology
    spx
    spa
    spgu
    ultimate
    cup
    opc premier
    showcase/hot prospects
    BD and Aritifacts will probably have some kind of auto's of rookies too...

Look at Tavares.....who's still higher on the list than Hall...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-10-Ultima...item2ed46d8122

Then you look at his FWA.../999

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-10-SP-A...item566892a180

About the same price as Hall /999 maybe $5 more.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Comparing Hall and Stamkos is funny enough but...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=216&item=181459550 878&rt=nc&print=all&si=5eUr1zzzX6Lc%2Fpq42mNfj%2BS jSHo%3D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=216&item=121366727 173&rt=nc&print=all&si=5eUr1zzzX6Lc%2Fpq42mNfj%2BS jSHo%3D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-upperdeck-the-ultimate-collection-Stamkos-rookie-auto-/131291392570?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item1 e9193aa3a&nma=true&si=5eUr1zzzX6Lc%252Fpq42mNfj%25 2BSjSHo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675 .l2557

His rookie autos don't go for much unless its really high end.

You are forgetting older and older sets dry up more and more as they go into collections.
    Plus Stamkos does not sign that much so that makes him more valuable.

This year you'll have...rookie auto's in..14-15

Triology
    spx
    spa
    spgu
    ultimate
    cup
    opc premier
    showcase/hot prospects
    BD and Aritifacts will probably have some kind of auto's of rookies too...

Look at Tavares.....who's still higher on the list than Hall...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-10-Ultimate-Collection-JOHN-TAVARES-Rookie-Year-Autograph-Auto-/201132441890?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 ed46d8122

Then you look at his FWA.../999

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-10-SP-Authentic-201-John-Tavares-New-York-Islanders-Rookie-RC-AUTO-165-999-/371121627520?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item5 66892a180

About the same price as Hall /999 maybe $5 more.....

I wasn't comparing Stamkos and Hall as I said all those guys are superstars compared to Hall. I was saying that there are so many more rookie autos that Hall has that Tavares and others don't. The more autos the less value its simple.

Those values are close than I was expecting however Tavares FWA was selling for well over $100 that's one of the few auctions that ended under $100. Hall was in the $60s at one point this year. Again he is not Tavares but he is a #1 pick and when did you ever see those guys sell in the $60s. Take a look at Hopkins he is very low. Again different levels but still #1 picks FWA never sold in the $60s from 05-06 on.

I wasn't attacking Panini at all but you cant deny they produce way more rookie autos and parallel autos than UD which in the end decreases value. Yeah the Tavares Ultimate Sigs Rc sold for $20 but there have been 5 different years now of a Tavares Ult Sig so yeah its not going to sell very well.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Talking about the Oilers in General: If someone's got a Hopkins FWA they want to move for $65, please drop me a line.

On Taylor Hall in particular, it's kinda funny, the value (or lack there of):
    I'm not sure how anyone could label Hall, in particular, as a disappointment. The team as a whole?? Sure.... but Hall has been great.
    Who led all Left Wings in points last year? Taylor Hall. He was tied with Kessel for the 6th most points in the league (80).
    In the 2012-13 shortened season, he finished 2nd in scoring by left wingers (50, vs 52 for Kunitz) and 9th overall in scoring.

He's turned into a fantastic player, who is absolutely living up to all the hype that was around him when they took him #1.

The value in his cards.... the problem is a combination of playing on a bad team (anything less than scoring title or MVP means nobody will pay attention to him, as long as the Oilers continue to sit in the basement) and as others have mention: over production. So much hype around the high picks on the Oilers.... UD and Panini were pumping out as many autos as they could get from Hall / Eberle / RNH. Supply is huge, and the team's poor performance keeps demand low. If they ever turn things around, I would expect values to go up as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Talking about the Oilers in General: If someone's got a Hopkins FWA they want to move for $65, please drop me a line.

Its do able: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-12-SP-A...item27eb7eb525

They were in the high $60s in the summer.

Hall is a good player is he a superstar no (not yet) However he could very well become one. If the Oilers get good (better) there cards will naturally rise in value some your right there. You kind of made my point in your last few sentences that between UD & Panini there are so many autos that its hard to maintain value.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

I stand corrected, although odd that one didn't pop up in my search, apologies. Not sure why you would have lied either. Either way, see my first post- auctions produce anomalies.

it's ebay Canada maybe why you did not see it?

Without looking at the auction the seller is probably from the US.
    Buyers are in Canada especially for Canadian teams.

All oilers players are on a downtrend...Hall does not score very many goals..

No one cares about "autograph" cards anymore especially of players that were so flooded like any oilers prospects...Mackinnon auto's will be $20 soon if they are not already...

12-13 is the worst year for products since the previous strike.
    All these boxes are in the discount bins therefore people get these cards cheap cheap cheap. The Cup is only $300, Series 1 is like $30.

Plus there's always a few anomalies in auctions..

They also did not calculate shipping to Canada and this is the thing to not do if you want a nice sell price via auction.

Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast