Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I Finally Get to Do This....SHIELD YOUR EYES!!

I've always wanted to get to do that.

Culmination - that's pretty much what this thread is. There never has been, nor will there ever be, another Gorges card made that comes close to this.

Story time - my buddy notoriousrob101 and a friend of his split a box...one box...of National Treasures earlier this month. Here in Kelowna.

So Rob opens it up and the hits are coming, really nice box. Then he sees shield. I immediately notice the very distinctive red. I'm thinking, "No way."

Slides it over. There it is.

We pretty much flipped out. What are the odds of that? 1 box....that happened to be located right here where it all began with the Rockets.

So I clubbed him over the head and took it. Criminal charges are pending but it's all worth it.

Nah I'm just kidding about that part.

We worked out a price, I sold some stuff and as of this morning I've finally taken possession.

Behold!

2013-14 National Treasures Dual NHL Insignia #15 Andrei Markov / Josh Gorges

I've had it all with Josh over the past several years. Inserts, parallels, Cup rookie rainbow, jerseys, patches, multi-player patches, autographs, autographed patches, logos, the A from his jersey courtesy of Prime, you name it. I've never had a shield. Until today.

So there you have it.

Cheers y'all.

And a big thanks to Rob for not even demanding naming rights to my first-born.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Awesome! Glad you were able to get it. It's certainly in the right hand. Congrats Richard

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats! It's a beautiful card!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats man, been waiting to see what it was you were getting, I knew it was big and that's pretty huge

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Awwwwww, the cherry on the the top of the huge sundae, you lucky guy! So sweet to have........all the pieces :)

BANNED

Country

Wow, thats a sweet card, Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kuz-22's Items on eBay

Ya these really are cool cards

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Congrats Rich!

I'm a little disappointed that Chalupa Batman won't be the name of your first born, but awesome card! Happy to see it landed in your hands.

And that's a pretty incredible story. That they'd be breaking a single box to split.... and happen to pull out that particular card: Wow! That's the toughest part with those 1/1s.... its one thing to have to come up with the cash (or cards) to acquire them, but even finding them can be an impossible task. That a friend pulls it, amazing!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice pickup man! Sick odds that it would get pulled right in front of you! Fate.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Still an amazing story.

Congrats my friend. That card is right where it should be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast