Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

2008/09 OPC Buyback... silver and blue ink

I have enjoyed the OPC buyback program over the years. Having a vintage card (especially a vintage RC or cool key card) with an authjentic (COA included) autograph is a great thing.

I had assumed, based on rumor and apparent occurrence, that the OPC silver autographs were harder to get than the blue sharpie ones... some cards being SPs.

UNTIL NOW

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...pse45fb4b6.jpg

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps790216ed.jpg

What do I make of a buyback card that comes both in blue and silver? Any thoughts from the OPC collectors out there?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Couple of possibilities:

1) Maybe it's not that certain players are SP, but rather one of the auto colors is SP. Maybe there are blue and silver versions of each card and one color is more limited than the other (like Stadium Club or Trilogy)
    Attachment 85701Attachment 85702

2) Luc's silver pen ran out of ink so he started using a blue Sharpie.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What am I missing???

I had assumed, based on rumor and apparent occurrence, that the OPC silver autographs were harder to get than the blue sharpie ones... some cards being SPs.

What do I make of a buyback card that comes both in blue and silver? Any thoughts from the OPC collectors out there?

So the silver one is harder to get than the blue one. Isn't that was you had assumed in the first place? Isn't that why they'd make two?? One is rarer than the other.

I don't understand the question.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

They have different backs, so are they from different sets?

SCF Rewards
    Country

They have different backs, so are they from different sets?

I think one is just showing the front of the COA while the other shows the back. Don't have any of these cards but believe they come with a separate COA like some of those SPGU cards with a bunch of players on them

SCF Rewards
    Country

1) they are from the same set

2) up till now, everyone was acting under the assumption that the silver ones were SSP while the regular ones were SP

3) this Robitaille is the only one I have seen in both colors...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

1) they are from the same set

2) up till now, everyone was acting under the assumption that the silver ones were SSP while the regular ones were SP

3) this Robitaille is the only one I have seen in both colors...

Why are you now assuming that the Silver one is not SSP, while the blue one is simply SP ?? Why does the existence of a Robitaille in both colours mean that anything other than what you already thought to be true, was true?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why are you now assuming that the Silver one is not SSP, while the blue one is simply SP ?? Why does the existence of a Robitaille in both colours mean that anything other than what you already thought to be true, was true?

And why would a guy who declared that the hobby is dead a couple of weeks ago even care? It is all very puzzling.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I think what people are saying is that is is possible/probable that the blue Robitaille is SP, and the silver is SSP. There's no reason there couldn't be both versions of the same card or player. Cheers!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think what people are saying is that is is possible/probable that the blue Robitaille is SP, and the silver is SSP. There's no reason there couldn't be both versions of the same card or player. Cheers!

Fair point mate, I suppose I had just assumed that there was only one version of each ink type... ie the 1989/90 Luc Robitaille would be either Blue or Silver, not both.

I wish UD would release more information on these sets...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast