Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers

Does anyone collect relic/game used cards anymore?

Do you collect Game Used cards anymore? I know there use to be alot of collectors that did, but since it has been determined that many of them are not actually game used, i have seen many collectors around that collect anymore. do you collect them still? thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

I think they have worn out their welcome. Too many single-color cards and then cards for average players or rookies that don't stick around. Also I don't care for the fact that they have been getting thicker card stock in recent years... I like to put my cards in pages and while I do have some pages that have pockets big enough to put a thick card into, I don't have THAT many.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (148)
    Country
    See kmart6netsfan's Items on eBay

I like them, as long as they're a player I care to have in my collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugs1965's Items on eBay

I still collect them in all sports and non sports...Mainly looking for newer stuff and stuff for my collections!

SCF Rewards
    Country

People still do but the amount of game used cards they make continues to go up so the supply just continues to exceed the demand for it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

i do if theyre cheap. like ill pick up 1 and 2$ gus for guys i like or collect. mainly cardinals, or former cardinals or guys i used to like

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Do you collect Game Used cards anymore? I know there use to be alot of collectors that did, but since it has been determined that many of them are not actually game used, i have seen many collectors around that collect anymore. do you collect them still? thanks

Yes, I try and pick up 1-2 New York Yankees relics for my collection each month.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

game used cards should be taken away from the hobby altogether. i mean what's worse than spending 1500 on a briefcase of flawless and seeing a 1 color patch card? i've seen that all too many times and it's even worse on the "lower" tier high end stuff that costs 2-500.

i only accept game used cards at all if the box is 100 dollars or less and the rest of the contents of the box make up for it with parallels, inserts and autos that i like. this is why i am a fan of such products as prizm and finest which have no game used cards whatsoever b/c to me they have worn out their welcome.