Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New UD Products

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

New UD Products

Does anyone know what new brands UD will be realsing this year now that they have a exclusive deal? So far the only new stand alone product they've realsed is MVP. From the previews coming out they're up to January releases, and SPGU is the latest, with no new brands. I was hoping for Parkhurst or something else new, but so far nothing. From what people have been predicting, the thought was they'd be realeaseing around 20 products this year but so far they're on pace to release about the same as last year with no new real brands. Any thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ice and masterpieces.

How many spots left?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

taking "new" out of the question.... just look at the list:

Artifacts
    OPC
    Upper Deck Series 1
    Upper Deck Series 2
    Black Diamond
    Ultimate
    SPA
    SPGU
    SPX
    The Cup
    Trilogy
    Showcase

They've already added Ultra, MVP, have announced Ice and Masterpieces this year. That's 16/22.

I think there were rumblings that Hot Prospects will come back too... though I would wonder if Ultra and Hos Prospects are both back, does that mean Showcase disappears?

I would expect another higher end one (UD Black? OPC Premier?) and at least one more lower end on (Victory? Collector's Choice?)

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Here a list of their brands

Artifacts
    Collector's Choice
    SP Game Used
    Champs
    Masterpieces
    O-Pee-Chee
    Parkhurst
    Ultra
    SPx
    Upper Deck
    Victory
    Rookie Class
    Black
    SP Authentic
    Ice
    Be A Player
    The Cup
    Flair Showcase
    Hot Prospects
    Fleer
    OPC Premier
    Black Diamond
    Sweet Shot
    Ultimate Collection
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Do we know for sure that the number is 22. I had thought that when the exclusive was announced, there was an indication that Upper Deck would release less than 22 products (The speculation was 16-17).

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't recall ever hearing any kind of indication like that. I'd be shocked if they did less than 22. If anything, I'd expect the number to actually be higher - since I think they've always counted Series 1 / Series 2 as "one release" and they'll do things Ovation that are "boxed sets" and don't count either.

They didn't (presumably) double the cost of their license to not double the number of products they make.

Do we know for sure that the number is 22. I had thought that when the exclusive was announced, there was an indication that Upper Deck would release less than 22 products (The speculation was 16-17).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

They will release 22 major products. They will be releasing even more products but they will be limited to certain areas and/or focus on certain areas of the game.

Don't forget Upper Deck Canada World Juniors that was already released. Was the AHL set already released or is that still coming? Both of those products would be specialty sets and not part of their 22 major releases.

I recall someone saying over the years that the actually released 35 products in one year during their last exclusive period.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

taking "new" out of the question.... just look at the list:

Artifacts
    OPC
    Upper Deck Series 1
    Upper Deck Series 2
    Black Diamond
    Ultimate
    SPA
    SPGU
    SPX
    The Cup
    Trilogy
    Showcase

They've already added Ultra, MVP, have announced Ice and Masterpieces this year. That's 16/22.

I think there were rumblings that Hot Prospects will come back too... though I would wonder if Ultra and Hos Prospects are both back, does that mean Showcase disappears?

I would expect another higher end one (UD Black? OPC Premier?) and at least one more lower end on (Victory? Collector's Choice?)

I thought Fleer Ultra has been released the last two seasons

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankrock's Items on eBay

Will be interesting to see a comparison of UD exclusive vs UD/Panini products and where the numbers fall. The press release awhile back suggested a realization that there would be less product releases. If such is not the case then what's the argument for an exclusive. I like UD but if they don't do what's best for the hobby at large then it doesn't matter how many or few manufacturers there are.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought Fleer Ultra has been released the last two seasons

2 years ago was Retro and last year was Showcase. Not technically Ultra but a lot of similar elements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast