Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

10-Year-Old Accused Of Killing 90-Year-Old Woman Will Be Tried As Adult

"A boy just 10-years-old sits in jail charged with homicide. State police in Wayne County, Penn., say Tristen Kurilla is a killer. The boy was arrested Monday night and is still behind bars charged with criminal homicide after investigators say he attacked a 90-year-old woman."
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/10-old-a...005028290.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

10 year old,adult? i think not

charging a 10 year old as an adult is completely ridiculous

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sounds to me like he didn't accidentally kill or. It was a pretty violent death.

A 10-year-old boy apparently angry that a 90-year-old woman had yelled at him held a cane against her throat and repeatedly punched her, killing her in her bed, prosecutors said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5990528.html

If he isn't tried as an adult then what is the message? 10 year olds can indiscriminately kill others and all they get is a slap on the wrist and a piece of candy? The argument can be made that 10 year olds can't comprehend the ramifications of killing, but no argument can be made that they don't understand the difference between right and wrong and that hurting people is wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds to me like he didn't accidentally kill or. It was a pretty violent death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5990528.html

If he isn't tried as an adult then what is the message? 10 year olds can indiscriminately kill others and all they get is a slap on the wrist and a piece of candy? The argument can be made that 10 year olds can't comprehend the ramifications of killing, but no argument can be made that they don't understand the difference between right and wrong and that hurting people is wrong.

im thinking the message should be told more to the parents then a young child

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The parents weren't even there. How could you justify holding them even remotely accountable?

I repeat my question, should he or any kid who kills get off scot free? What if the 10 year old next door bashed in your preschooler's head with a rock because he thought it would be fun to kill someone. Would you be OK with your child's killer playing in the yard the next day?

SCF Rewards
    Country

The parents weren't even there. How could you justify holding them even remotely accountable?

I repeat my question, should he or any kid who kills get off scot free? What if the 10 year old next door bashed in your preschooler's head with a rock because he thought it would be fun to kill someone. Would you be OK with your child's killer playing in the yard the next day?

no,of coarse not but a child is a product of their environment they do what they where taught if they where taught at all,when a 10 year old goes off the rails you have to look at parenting and medical

so i ask you,are you o.k. with a 10 year old receiving a life sentence at san quentin?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

no,of coarse not but a child is a product of their environment they do what they where taught if they where taught at all,when a 10 year old goes off the rails you have to look at parenting and medical

so i ask you,are you o.k. with a 10 year old receiving a life sentence at san quentin?

He won't go to San Quentin as a 10 year old. He will go to a juvenile facility until he is 18 and then move to the adult facility. In all reality he will probably end up pleading guilty to manslaughter and get 5-15 years and get out when he turns 18 anyway.

I don't buy into the "environment" excuse. One, I work with troubled youth every day and they all come from different environments as broad as single parent to living with grandparents to two parent homes to living in shelters. Some of the ones with the worst life are the best kids I work with. Two, that excuse can be carried through life. It isn't a good excuse for a 30 year old that kills someone and it isn't a good excuse for a 10 year old that kills someone.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Just curious are you ok with a 10 year old who murders? And one thing is true environment has something to do with it. Ihave a slew of family combos incarcerated where I work. It is a shame but some are old enough to make the right choice some are not. But this 10 tear old in this case has issues and obviously is a danger to society and maybe himself. So yes he needs to go away.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

Yes I am definitely ok with the boy serving a life sentence & I am also ok with the boy receiving the death penalty. As far as parenting he is a 10 year old & I think kids that age know the difference between right & wrong. He killed someone, someones grandmother or someones mother for God sakes. He wasn't simply playing show me yours & I'll show you mine with the little neighbor girl.