Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

What a person does in their private life (unless criminal) should not matter what so ever in their public life.

if you would cheat on your wife, that means you would lie to your wife, if you would lie to your wife, you would lie to anyone, so yes it does matter.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

I will gladly refute it.

Your claim: economy recovered

Reality: Bloomberg BusinessWeek says that the economy has not recovered. It is slowly recovering, but it is a process that could go on for another 4 or 5 years because it is happening so slowly. http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ut-still-going Net result, the economy is recovering, not recovered.

Your claim: Obamacare IS working

Reality: This is debatable. Obamacare said it would get people who don't have insurance on insurance plans. Technically one could claim this has been accomplished by getting one person on health care. There certainly are more people on health care than before Obamacare, so by definition that is success.

Here is the problem. Conservatives never said it wouldn't work, we said it wasn't sustainable. This is true as well. Obamacare has been nothing more than an expansion of the welfare system. Simple reality is that Obamacare provided healthcare almost exclusively to the poor (85% of enrollees need financial assistance to pay for the healthcare LINK).

Adding to the problem, of those who were deemed able to pay, 1/3rd have not paid their premiums yet. There is a 90 day grace period for missed payments, but after that 90 day period lapses they will be kicked from their carrier. Net result, in the next few months we could see 1/3rd of those 7.3 million people that signed up back to being uninsured.

So is it a success? Depends on your angle. If simply getting people to sign up with no plan of how to pay for the costs in the future and no hope that all who sign up will stay on the program is what you consider a success, then so be it. I see success as something that is sustainable and long term effective, so in my opinion the "success" of Obamacare is something that we will have to look at in the future. Calling it a success right now is a little short-sighted.

So your refute is to say what I said (slow recovery) and that obamacare is "debatable"..... sounds like you are saying I'm right lol. Good to see not all right wingers want to deny reality

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't live here either and I don't agree with republican sides either.I think both sides are corrupt but on these boards only republicans get blame and that is tiresome. Now I don't have 150 packages to get out today but I have a few so good luck to you sir on you ventures.

Thanks.. and to you as well. I try to reply to anything I see when I see it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

More People Live In Proverty. There Are Less Jobs. More People Live Solely Off Of The Governement.

But I guess those a spun facts. So Lets Ignore them because they are negatives.

the less jobs part is flatly wrong.. the poverty part (although I am not sure) is probably true. Why? Because we have lived in a society since 1980 that believes giving anything to the poor is wrong and giving everything to the rich is right. That's a bass akwards attitude and will always lead to more poverty. If we 100% restored the tax levels and poverty programs of the 1995-98 era the poverty level would drop drastically over a 10 year period.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seriously though, what is "trickle up" economics...tax, tax , tax, tax, and then more taxes??? Or is it just creating government jobs, keep printing money and stymie the private sector and small business sector that can create real jobs? It sounds like your a business owner, I'm not, so you can explain this to us later after your packages are out?

The idea that the governments role is to enrich private business is an ideal not known in this country until Richard Nixon... why do you believe the government is here to ensure corporate profits and not the well being of its citizens?

And yes.. trickle up. Jobs programs, education programs, fair tax levels on the wealthy, ending tax loop holes for the rich and incorporated... trickle up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

if you would cheat on your wife, that means you would lie to your wife, if you would lie to your wife, you would lie to anyone, so yes it does matter.

So you would have wanted to impeach 5 well known, and probably 20-30 more presidents for doing this? I'm sorry but adultery is a sad part of life. We cannot legislate morals.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The idea that the governments role is to enrich private business is an ideal not known in this country until Richard Nixon... why do you believe the government is here to ensure corporate profits and not the well being of its citizens?

And yes.. trickle up. Jobs programs, education programs, fair tax levels on the wealthy, ending tax loop holes for the rich and incorporated... trickle up.

When did I say this? I want government to keep its nose out of as much as possible, mega-government creates more corruption, confusion, and waste. The government should stick to enforcing the laws we already have and providing us with a formidable military to protect us for our enemies which this particular administration is reluctant to do. All they care about is Ferguson, MO and being politically correct so we don't offend all the people around the world that already hate Americans.

Fair tax levels on the wealthy? The top 10% of taxpayers are paying 71% of the entire tax burden, what in the heck are you talking about? I suppose a tax loophole, the most popular one, is the capital gains tax and how unfair it is. I suppose you could bring up Buffett's little sob story about his secretary paying more in taxes than he does because Buffett only pays himself a dollar per year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The idea that the governments role is to enrich private business is an ideal not known in this country until Richard Nixon...

It goes back almost 100 years before that. McKinley was elected by the American Industry Barons (Morgan, Rockefeller, et. al) because they had that much power to make sure they could continue their monopolistic business practices.

That is a distinct event, but I would wager that money has influenced politicians since day one in America.

fair tax levels on the wealthy, ending tax loop holes for the rich and incorporated...

This is all talk from Obama as it was from Bush as it was from Clinton..... If you are General Electric and make $5 Billion in net profit it means you can avoid paying any taxes if you are a friend of the administration. If Warren Buffett was a real man he would mail the government a check for the amount of tax he underpaid instead of making more sound bites.
    Last edited by 37jetson; 10-21-2014 at 01:21 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It goes back almost 100 years before that. McKinley was elected by the American Industry Barons (Morgan, Rockefeller, et. al) because they had that much power to make sure they could continue their monopolistic business practices.

That is a distinct event, but I would wager that money has influenced politicians since day one in America.

This is all talk from Obama as it was from Bush as it was from Clinton..... If you are General Electric and make $5 Billion in net profit it means you can avoid paying any taxes if you are a friend of the administration. If Warren Buffett was a real man he would mail the government a check for the amount of tax he underpaid instead of making more sound bites.

First part.... yes McKinley, as well as Warren G Harding, Herbert Hoover, and others were "bought" presidents by the business community of their era. Back then this was called corruption and Teddy Roosevelt ended it first with the anti trust movement, and FDR cleaned up the repeat of the 1920's with the New Deal. Today that corruption is called the republican party platform.. that's the difference.

Second part... so because warren buffet (who champions higher taxes on himself and all top 1% billionaires) pays lower taxes than even you do probably.. that makes it ok on some level? Please clarify. GE paid exactly ZERO dollars in tax back in 2012, and burger king just left the united states to avoid paying taxes... republicans cheered for both of these events (CNBC anchors called people unpatriotic for not supporting it lol)... these are the loopholes I was referring to.
    Last edited by Imac7065; 10-22-2014 at 11:25 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When did I say this? I want government to keep its nose out of as much as possible, mega-government creates more corruption, confusion, and waste. The government should stick to enforcing the laws we already have and providing us with a formidable military to protect us for our enemies which this particular administration is reluctant to do. All they care about is Ferguson, MO and being politically correct so we don't offend all the people around the world that already hate Americans.

Fair tax levels on the wealthy? The top 10% of taxpayers are paying 71% of the entire tax burden, what in the heck are you talking about? I suppose a tax loophole, the most popular one, is the capital gains tax and how unfair it is. I suppose you could bring up Buffett's little sob story about his secretary paying more in taxes than he does because Buffett only pays himself a dollar per year.

The government "keeping its nose out of it" is called deregulation... the exact cause of the stock market crashes of 1893, 1929, 1987, and 2008...

I genuinely believe conservative minded people are whitewashed from knowing this somehow... The economic system the American right propagates was the exact cause of 4 large recessions.. the last of which went global.
    Last edited by Imac7065; 10-21-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast