Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

agreed
    Hey the Economy looks better when you choose to ignore the ugly truth.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

UH OH your going to upset people with these facts LOL

Hey the Economy looks better when you choose to ignore the ugly truth.

If you spin facts and ignore the postives for your own agenda.. you're right, the world is crap unless we live in a republican utopia of corporate domination. If you live in the real world then you don't ignore that every ecnomic indicator points to a slow, yet recovered global econonmy that will always have bumps in the road, but if continued down the same path will not have the messes (bubbles) of the past.

Back to historical points... I make this one quite often... from 1933-1978 the US economy had ZERO bubbles... ZERO stock market crashes, and ZERO economic downturns. Why? Because republicans and democrats alike positioned the country with progressive economics (IE and trickle up tax structure). When Richard Nixon flipped this system into the trickle down system (IE tax cuts and deregulation) we went back to the same bubbles of the 20's and late 1800's (republicans love to blame this on Jimmy Carter but the natural bubble was crated by nixon). This was repeated again under Ronald Reagan (1987 crash) and Bush 43 (2008)... when we have a progressive structure, or in my opinion the even better pay/go system... we do not have these issues.

You can use cut meme's and spun information to fit any ideology you wish... but 4 times we have tried republican economics, and 4 times it has failed. Each time we use a progressive system, our country succeeds.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

UH OH your going to upset people with these facts LOL

Sorry I don't live on message boards.. I run a business and I am trying to ship more than 150 packages while still responding here.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

If you spin facts and ignore the postives for your own agenda.. you're right, the world is crap unless we live in a republican utopia of corporate domination. If you live in the real world then you don't ignore that every ecnomic indicator points to a slow, yet recovered global econonmy that will always have bumps in the road, but if continued down the same path will not have the messes (bubbles) of the past.

Back to historical points... I make this one quite often... from 1933-1978 the US economy had ZERO bubbles... ZERO stock market crashes, and ZERO economic downturns. Why? Because republicans and democrats alike positioned the country with progressive economics (IE and trickle up tax structure). When Richard Nixon flipped this system into the trickle down system (IE tax cuts and deregulation) we went back to the same bubbles of the 20's and late 1800's (republicans love to blame this on Jimmy Carter but the natural bubble was crated by nixon). This was repeated again under Ronald Reagan (1987 crash) and Bush 43 (2008)... when we have a progressive structure, or in my opinion the even better pay/go system... we do not have these issues.

You can use cut meme's and spun information to fit any ideology you wish... but 4 times we have tried republican economics, and 4 times it has failed. Each time we use a progressive system, our country succeeds.

More People Live In Proverty. There Are Less Jobs. More People Live Solely Off Of The Governement.

But I guess those a spun facts. So Lets Ignore them because they are negatives.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Both are true... I happily invite you to refute either in an unbiased way. Mitch McConnell recently had to concede that he would leave the state run Obamacare in Kentucky but still wanted to gut the federal one (not realizing its the same thing lol). The cost of health care has risen slower than it has in the last 30 years.... the stock market is at all time record highs... unemployment is lower than its been since before the bush collapse... the deficit has been cut by almost 2/3rd's (near 400 million down from over a trillion in 2009) since obama took office. I'm sorry you are too blind to see the realities of this.. but its true lol.

I will gladly refute it.

Your claim: economy recovered

Reality: Bloomberg BusinessWeek says that the economy has not recovered. It is slowly recovering, but it is a process that could go on for another 4 or 5 years because it is happening so slowly. http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ut-still-going Net result, the economy is recovering, not recovered.

Your claim: Obamacare IS working

Reality: This is debatable. Obamacare said it would get people who don't have insurance on insurance plans. Technically one could claim this has been accomplished by getting one person on health care. There certainly are more people on health care than before Obamacare, so by definition that is success.

Here is the problem. Conservatives never said it wouldn't work, we said it wasn't sustainable. This is true as well. Obamacare has been nothing more than an expansion of the welfare system. Simple reality is that Obamacare provided healthcare almost exclusively to the poor (85% of enrollees need financial assistance to pay for the healthcare LINK).

Adding to the problem, of those who were deemed able to pay, 1/3rd have not paid their premiums yet. There is a 90 day grace period for missed payments, but after that 90 day period lapses they will be kicked from their carrier. Net result, in the next few months we could see 1/3rd of those 7.3 million people that signed up back to being uninsured.

So is it a success? Depends on your angle. If simply getting people to sign up with no plan of how to pay for the costs in the future and no hope that all who sign up will stay on the program is what you consider a success, then so be it. I see success as something that is sustainable and long term effective, so in my opinion the "success" of Obamacare is something that we will have to look at in the future. Calling it a success right now is a little short-sighted.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I don't live here either and I don't agree with republican sides either.I think both sides are corrupt but on these boards only republicans get blame and that is tiresome. Now I don't have 150 packages to get out today but I have a few so good luck to you sir on you ventures.
    Sorry I don't live on message boards.. I run a business and I am trying to ship more than 150 packages while still responding here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seriously though, what is "trickle up" economics...tax, tax , tax, tax, and then more taxes??? Or is it just creating government jobs, keep printing money and stymie the private sector and small business sector that can create real jobs? It sounds like your a business owner, I'm not, so you can explain this to us later after your packages are out?

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

Seriously though, what is "trickle up" economics...tax, tax , tax, tax, and then more taxes??? Or is it just creating government jobs, keep printing money and stymie the private sector and small business sector that can create real jobs? It sounds like your a business owner, I'm not, so you can explain this to us later after your packages are out?

He sells cards on Ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He sells cards on Ebay.

Speaking of that, I have to walk down to my mailbox and get one out myself, thanks for reminding me....I hope I can remember to put the little red flaggy thing up.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast