Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Target Demographic: Panini America Offers 2014-15

The venerable Prestige Basketball brand will usher in a bold, new collecting frontier when it starts hitting store shelves early next week. For the first time ever, Prestige Basketball (featuring five distinct configurations) will be available exclusively at Target stores. The first of three Target-exclusive NBA products Panini America will release for the 2014-15 season, 2014-15 Prestige Basketball will go live in most Target outlets as soon as Monday.

2014-15 Prestige Basketball will be available in Premium Boxes ($200 SRP), Plus Boxes ($65 SRP), Blaster Boxes ($20 SRP), Hanger Boxes ($10) and in single packs ($4 SRP). In the gallery below, we offer the world premiere first look at the new-generation 2014-15 Prestige Basketball by showcasing just some of the cards that surfaced during the recently completed packout process. After that, we bring you a card-by-card breakdown of one Premium Box.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...et/#more-91596

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Nice move to make a retail only product. Might get some more people back into the low end side for the basketball market.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

I never really buy cards at Target and don't think I'm going to start now. Looks like Prestige is permanently off my list as far as box buying. I wonder what are the guaranteed hits in the "premium" $200 box of Prestige?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

What's with every 14-15 product having autos with a refractor surface? Lazy bums at Panini can't think up of anything else or are they just trying to milk it for all its worth?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

I what to know what you get for $200 as well, I think putting autos on "prizm/refractor" is a ploy to attract collectors IMO. If they put to many of them out, the market will get tired of getting them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I never really buy cards at Target and don't think I'm going to start now. Looks like Prestige is permanently off my list as far as box buying. I wonder what are the guaranteed hits in the "premium" $200 box of Prestige?

Cody Zeller & Artis Gilmore. LOL

Plus, $200 is a bit steep for Target/retail. I was thinking $50.

What's with every 14-15 product having autos with a refractor surface? Lazy bums at Panini can't think up of anything else or are they just trying to milk it for all its worth?

Right?! And I'm sure they could care less but it doesn't translate over very well to the aftermarket. By the time someone cracks a case pawing through cards looking for that hit, all the semi-star cards end up with surface issues. I've experienced it first hand and have seen the BGS grades.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

This is a horrible decision made by Panini, however I'm not surprised and it's just another one to chalk up. This move will essentially drive away SOME business from the already struggling LCS's. There will be very, very few non collectors who make an impulse decision to drop $200 on a box of cards at Target. The people that will go to Target to buy will be the hobbyists, the wax rippers, the ones that usually spend their money at the LCS, now that money is going to Target. I would be very unimpressed if I owned a LCS. If they thought this would hit a new demographic and increase the amount of collectors, wow, someone needs to get fired.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wait they are going to have a $200 retail box? That thing is going to get stolen and or opened.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/