Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

And Presenting: Vancouver's 1994 Stanley Cup Final Hero!

Today'saddition to the museum is of a very well known goaltender in the game of hockey.His name, Kirk McLean, aka Captain Kirk. Born on June 26, 1966 in Willowdale,Ontario, Canada, McLean was a member of the Oshawa Generals before beingdrafted 107th overall by the New Jersey Devils in 1984. He made his NHL debuton April 5, 1986 against the New York Islanders, playing backup in a 7-1defeat. He appeared in only six games with the Devils over two seasons beforebeing traded to the Vancouver Canucks. There, McLean established himself as oneof the elite goaltenders of the game. He played with the Canucks from 1987until 1998, even reaching the Stanley Cup Final in 1994, only to lose in sevengames to the New York Rangers and Mike Richter. From Vancouver, he was tradedto the Carolina Hurricanes, and then from Carolina to Florida in that same1997-98 season. He was then acquired via free agency by the New York Rangers in1999 to backup Mike Richter. There he remained until the end of the 2000-01season. In his career, Kirk McLean appeared in 612 games, recording a 245-262-72record with 22 shutouts, 23 assists, a 3.26GAA, and a 0.887% save average. In68 playoff games, McLean recorded a 34-34 record with six shutouts, sixassists, a 2.84GAA and a 0.907% save average.

Thejersey you are looking at right now is a 1999-00 New York Rangers Home Set 2jersey worn by Kirk McLean. Though set dates are not completely certain for thisseason, only two sets of regular sweaters were worn and were rumored to havebeen switched after the all-star game in early February. Therefore, thissweater would have seen action in five NHL games that year. He recorded a 1-2-2record while wearing this jersey.

Datesof game use: February 8, 2000 v New Jersey Devils (2-2T, 29-31)
    February 20, 2000 vPhiladelphia Flyers (3-2L, 28-31)
    February 22,2000 v Pittsburgh Penguins (4-3W, 22-25)
    March 15, 2000 vTampa Bay Lightning (4-4T, 26-30)
    March 23, 2000 v WashingtonCapitals (4-1L, 21-24)

Acquiredfrom: Joric McLean, accompanied by Meigray LOA and Rangers LOA.
    Photomatched:No

Front

Frontright sleeve

Frontwith some minor wear

Unrepaireddamage on bottom of front

Hemstamp:

Frontleft sleeve with some puck marking

Rear:

Rearleft sleeve

Rearwith some marking on the numbers

Rearright sleeve

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Nice one, Bruce!! My goodness, if they put goalies in the HOF based on one hi-lite save then his vs. the Flames in '94 would put him right up at the top..........Captain Kirk is one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet :)

When I saw Vancouver in the title I thought it was gonna be the Curt Ridley I'd seen on eBay there hahahaa.....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

That save was an epic one indeed, a pity that it didn't carry the team's momentum through game seven of the final. I've met McLean before and definitely liked his personality. To finally own a game worn piece of his is a good accomplishment for the museum, even if it is from a team which he wound his career down with.

No Curt Ridley yet...too much money, but it was on my radar for a bit there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

beauty addition Bruce!!