Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: New points system

SCF Rewards
    Country

New points system

I know its prob. not happening, but a driver could win the 1st 9 races in the chase & not win homestead & get screwed out of the championship, sometimes trying to make things better ruins it in my opinion, i long for the day when winning the most points wins the championship, not all this resetting and starting over BS
    But since i dont own nascar, i cant fix it and would never have changed it and i wouldnt let announcers say Jeff Gordon has 4 Sprint cups neither just to appease the sponsors since they are WINSTON CUPS, what a diss to Winston for allllll their support of nascar over the years, but nowadays its ALLLL about the $$$$$$$
    NAscar Supports Commercials Afore Racing

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with you 100%. They try so hard to compare NASCAR to other sports. But changing the way a champion is crowned is wrong. There is to much out of the teams control.
    If a batter breaks a bat, he is not out of the game. He gets a new bat and continue. If a player gets hurt and cant continue the game isnt over. They put in a new player. Going to the chase was bad enough. But is it fair if a driver is the points leader at the end of 26 races goes into the chase and wins the most races. But in homestead lose the championship because of something out of the TEAMS control. Being taken out of a race due to someone else's mistake is not a broken bat. You dont get a new car and continue. What if its past half way and it rains. My point is
    NASCAR is NOT a stick and ball sport. It is and should be a sport based on consistency over the season.