Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Slava Voynov Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges & Suspended Indefinitely

Terrible news for the Kings and the NHL as Slava Voynov has been arrested for domestic violence. Voynov has now been suspended indefinitely.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-suspends-kings...arges-1.111234

I recall listening to Leafs Lunch on TSN 1050 shortly after Gary Bettman made the following comments, which I am sure will haunt him:

On if the NFL's experience with domestic violence has prompted any discussions within the NHL about a new policy:

"That's something we've been doing with the Players' Association for more than a decade. We as a league have more than enough authority and mechanisms to punish, if necessary, in the appropriate case. Fortunately we haven't seen too many. But more importantly we focus on counseling and education, and in the joint programs we have with the Players' Association we've been counseling and educating on domestic violence for more than a decade, I don't remember the exact date. The security department does it in their annual meetings with each team, and the behavioral counselors from the substance abuse, behavioral health program also counsel and educate the players on those and many other issues. So I'm not sure for us there is any need for any code of conduct other than our players, who overwhelming conduct themselves magnificently off the ice -- we deal with it on a case by case basis. I don't think we need to formalize anything more. Our players know what's right and wrong, and as I said, we have the mechanisms in place to hopefully not get to that point."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=733681

"Our players know what's right and wrong", eh? It only takes one to make you look like a fool.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Wow that sucks. I really hate the all the publicity the NFL gets and was so happy that they came under heavy fire. I was hoping more of these would come the NFLs way and I was laughing every time. Especially when Dumb and Dumber from my team (steelers) were arrested for smoking marijuana in the car in traffic. No suspension for them and it burned me up!

I'm not laughing now though. Im not saying anything before I hear any details but he did get arrested so yes there is something there. Glad to see the NHL wasted absolutely no time suspending him. Good for them.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Arrest details of Los Angeles Kings' Slava Voynov released by police

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ased-by-police