Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So Much For Washington Being A Liberal Place

All these years I have assumed that the state of Washington was a liberal stronghold. I mean, they haven't voted Republican since 1984 and have only gone Republican 7 of the last 21 presidential elections dating all the way back to 1920. Washington was the first state to legalize gay marriage. Along with Colorado they were the first state to legalize marijuana. Surely this is a mecca for the libs, right?

Yet they are so backwards thinking that a simple instance of two teen boys dressing up as females for spirit day results in those boys being sent home. http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/17/us/tee...&iref=obinsite

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

thats what you get for believing what the t.v. tells you,most of oregon and washington is small town rural people far from "liberal" but also not religious right,quit trying to make us fit into your little box of liberal or conservative,i just sent off my ballot and had to vote dem on one but the rest where libertarian,independent and other 3/4 party

SCF Rewards
    Country

All these years I have assumed that the state of Washington was a liberal stronghold. I mean, they haven't voted Republican since 1984 and have only gone Republican 7 of the last 21 presidential elections dating all the way back to 1920. Washington was the first state to legalize gay marriage. Along with Colorado they were the first state to legalize marijuana. Surely this is a mecca for the libs, right?

Yet they are so backwards thinking that a simple instance of two teen boys dressing up as females for spirit day results in those boys being sent home. http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/17/us/tee...&iref=obinsite

The man responsible for sending the boys home, Principal Gary Stamper:

#SnarkFail

SCF Rewards
    Country

Uh-oh, a Conservative that actually did something about what he believes to be right....he's a Goner.

When Libs do this stuff, its called Activism and they are heralded as heroes. When a Conservative does this, he is played out to be evil.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thats what you get for believing what the t.v. tells you,most of oregon and washington is small town rural people far from "liberal" but also not religious right,quit trying to make us fit into your little box of liberal or conservative,i just sent off my ballot and had to vote dem on one but the rest where libertarian,independent and other 3/4 party

Not trying to make anyone fit in a box. Just looking at reality. Being the first state to legalize gay marriage and marijuana puts you pretty high (no pun intended) on the pro-liberal ideals list. Southern states get labeled conservative because they are pro-gun, anti-gay marriage and anti-legalization of marijuana, so how is it an unfair label to call Washington a liberal state when they have the exact opposite position?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Uh-oh, a Conservative that actually did something about what he believes to be right....he's a Goner.

When Libs do this stuff, its called Activism and they are heralded as heroes. When a Conservative does this, he is played out to be evil.

I don't care what his political leanings are, sending teen boys home from school because they dressed up as a famous female is silly. I teach high school and this type of juvenile stuff for spirit day and Halloween is pretty common, even in my predominantly conservative area.

He won't be gone though. My guess is the school has a rule regarding causing a disruption and the truth will probably come out that them being dressed like that was disrupting the learning process. He will be able to support his decision based on policy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't care what his political leanings are, sending teen boys home from school because they dressed up as a famous female is silly. I teach high school and this type of juvenile stuff for spirit day and Halloween is pretty common, even in my predominantly conservative area.

He won't be gone though. My guess is the school has a rule regarding causing a disruption and the truth will probably come out that them being dressed like that was disrupting the learning process. He will be able to support his decision based on policy.

At the end of the day, I think its a poor battle to pick for the Admin guy or whomever he is but I still think the basic premise of my point is true in terms of the stark contradictions that exist today between the two major political factions in this country.

Did you know there are laws being debated about allowing trans-gender men being allowed in women's restrooms because they can't identify being a man and don't feel comfortable in men's rooms....its just unbelievable what the Left Wing is doing in its war on gender, sorry don't mean to hijack your thread, it made me think of this though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not trying to make anyone fit in a box. Just looking at reality. Being the first state to legalize gay marriage and marijuana puts you pretty high (no pun intended) on the pro-liberal ideals list. Southern states get labeled conservative because they are pro-gun, anti-gay marriage and anti-legalization of marijuana, so how is it an unfair label to call Washington a liberal state when they have the exact opposite position?

http://www.washingtongunrights.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Oregon

so here in the n.w. i can open carry,no registration and own a assault rifle hows your "conservative" state stack up?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

http://www.washingtongunrights.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Oregon

so here in the n.w. i can open carry,no registration and own a assault rifle hows your "conservative" state stack up?

Your gun laws are nearly identical to ours here in WV. You still have more strict laws than we do in some regards. See below:

- Washington requires retailers to report all handgun sales to law enforcement, WV does not.
    - Washington open carry laws only apply to actually openly carrying the gun. A loaded gun in your car is considered a concealed weapon and requires a Concealed Carry permit. In WV we can carry a loaded handgun in our car without a CC permit.
    - Washington requires a state application be filled out by the receiver of the firearm and submitted to law enforcement for you sell/trade a handgun to them. WV does not require this.
    Washington requires an FFL document the transaction with a Form 4473 if you sell/trade/give a firearm to someone. WV does not.

If you can't tell, Washington is big on tracking guns with various forms of registry requirements, a little loophole the liberals in Washington have utilized since the Fed is barred from keeping a registry by the FOPA, but make no mistake, the Fed accesses state gun registry databases making the state database a defacto Federal registry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your gun laws are nearly identical to ours here in WV. You still have more strict laws than we do in some regards. See below:

- Washington requires retailers to report all handgun sales to law enforcement, WV does not.
    - Washington open carry laws only apply to actually openly carrying the gun. A loaded gun in your car is considered a concealed weapon and requires a Concealed Carry permit. In WV we can carry a loaded handgun in our car without a CC permit.
    - Washington requires a state application be filled out by the receiver of the firearm and submitted to law enforcement for you sell/trade a handgun to them. WV does not require this.
    Washington requires an FFL document the transaction with a Form 4473 if you sell/trade/give a firearm to someone. WV does not.

If you can't tell, Washington is big on tracking guns with various forms of registry requirements, a little loophole the liberals in Washington have utilized since the Fed is barred from keeping a registry by the FOPA, but make no mistake, the Fed accesses state gun registry databases making the state database a defacto Federal registry.

im in oregon but the only difference is if i go to washington they make me pump my own gas and have sales tax

just completely tired of the liberal/conservative labeling thing