Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Leaf Announces ITG Draft Prospects Redemption Set

http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/10/...edemption-set/

Leaf Trading Cards has released details regarding a special redemption set targeted to collectors of 2014-15 In The Game Draft Prospects, the first product released after they began producing hockey cards under the In The Game banner.

Once a collector mails in five barcodes that can be found of the bottom of boxes, they will receive a complete set of 15 cards depicting the brightest young stars taken in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. Some of these players have already made their professional debuts, including Aaron Ekblad, Sam Reinhart and Leon Draisaitl.

“I think that it’s an interesting thing and will allow collectors, especially those who want to revisit Draft Prospects now that it’s more affordable in the marketplace, a new entry point and I think it gives them an encouraging reason to revist that product,” said Leaf’s President Brian Gray.

Printed on clear stock, the redemption set is limited to the first 80 collectors that participate and once the supply is gone, the hobby will be notified via Leaf’s website and social media channels that the promotion has ended. There is the potential for some recipients to be surprised by rare parallel versions that feature different colors and they will be seriously limited. If a collector does receive a parallel version of the set, the cards will have matching serial numbers that are numbered by hand.

“I think that’s interesting from the standpoint that there’s a chase within the redemption program,” noted Gray. “A lot of people won’t be at the Expo. So far, we’ve only announced the Ultimate redemption for the Expo, but there will be a second, probably the largest and most sweeping one that In The Game has ever done, with a dozen items available at the box level of all price levels for another unique redemption program. We’re going to have so much going on at the Expo that we felt like, for all of our other customers out there, we needed to do something to give them an opportunity to participate in some program via mail-in. That was part of the vision on this and to point out that the boxes you open at the Expo must have the barcode because you can’t do both.”

Leaf also noted that once the barcodes have been removed from boxes, the remainder of the box will not be accepted by them for any other offer, including future show promotions. Additionally, any barcodes the company receives after the 80 sets have been redeemed will not be returned.

One of the things collectors will immediately notice is that the cards are devoid of logos. Gray noted that the company approached this small project cautiously and that Leaf will be indeed continue to utilize CHL logos in future releases.

“We’re just beginning the transition of a lot of these things and after talking to Dr. Price, we found out that we could have used the logos. We weren’t sure what our rights were on promos, because obviously, it’s a promotional item. The absence of logos was more of a precaution because we did not fully understand what our rights were and weren’t. We have re-upped our CHL deal. We now have a long-term deal with the CHL… We take precautions because we always want to play it safe and not cause further problems for anyone. I think that when you see the cards in-hand, and this is the same technology that the Ultimate base cards are using, they look outrageous. They are fantastic. I wish we had done autograph cards on this material because it looks so great.”

Collectors are advised to send in their barcodes right away as Gray expects a high demand for this redemption program.

“The redemption program is so small, we expect that within a week, the 80 sets will be gone. That’s only 400 boxes. That’s 20 cases. Once those 80 are exhausted, it’s over and you don’t get your barcodes back. There’s nothing left available. Please keep your eyes on our website as we update when we’re getting close to being sold out.”

The address for the redemption program is:

Leaf Trading Cards
    Attn: Hockey Redemption
    3330 Earhart Drive, Suite 204
    Carrollton, TX

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

GARBAGE!!!

I already broke 6 boxes and they've all been tossed!

As if you release a "surprise" redemption MONTHS after the product releases.

This is not to be loyal to their collectors, or to give something back. It is entirely because they've got so much product sitting on the shelves unopened that they need a new way to try and move it.

Last time that I ever buy a Leaf/ITG release.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Yeah I just burned all my empty boxes a couple of weeks ago. I only bought 4 boxes though. Waiting for the price to drop a lot as I may buy more. I received some decent hits in my boxes.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is not to be loyal to their collectors, or to give something back. It is entirely because they've got so much product sitting on the shelves unopened that they need a new way to try and move it.

Bingo! That's the first thing that popped into my head as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I really would like to pick up all versions of the Haydn Fleury - anyone gets any I am interested!

I wish these were sent out as singles and not sets. Hard to bust up sets.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcfutures9's Items on eBay

Anyone else think ITG should have just remained separate from Leaf. Most Leaf cards and releases are trash. They repackage graded cards and give you a Pete Rose auto all the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Umm... ITG couldn't survive fiscally so the merger was the only way they could stay in the game. Ha! Pun intended :P

I agree that Leaf cards produced right now are kinda trashy only in the sense that I received several damaged cards from my boxes of Draft Prospects which I cannot recall ever getting from ITG despite having opened say.. 100 boxes of their stuff. That's very disappointing. I did not like Panini for that reason. I don't know why someone would buy a damaged card when there is an undamaged card on the market. To Sell/Trade them as NR-MT is misleading and could leave to neutral/negative feedback or you just have to suck it up and say it's damaged and take the loss. My 1 experience with trying to get Leaf to replace a damaged card was not impressive to say the least.

ITG had a lot of buy-backs in some products but I am not sure what you mean by repackaging graded cards and giving you a Pete Rose auto all the time.

If you mean buying-back a card from the market and then grading it and slabbing it then depends on what the card is it's actually a good thing. Means the card cannot get damaged and will always remain in that condition.

Also, I can't remember how many boxes of this product were produced but why produce MORE cards and having to mail them out just to sell 400 boxes if they can't sell in the first place? I understand this product didn't sell well but if they're trying to nickel and dime in order to sell more they would have to do this sort of promotion many times.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Garbage designs??? Have you not looked at the itg/leaf itg ultimate thread?! It's ridiculous. Ya might wanna look into it more before making a decision

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm not aware of anyone who has received a Pete Rose auto in an ITG / Leaf product - but please LMK if I'm wrong.

The merger wouldn't have happened if ITG didn't want to do it. We can only speculate why they felt it was necessary, but that's their call. I don't "think" they should have done it or not. If that's what they felt was best for business, good on them. I've purchased a lot of ITG stuff over the years, and so long as the merged company continues to make stuff that interests me - I'll keep buying.

As far as "trash" or repackaged graded cards go - What are you talking about? There has been a single release from the new company (Draft Prospects). The picture in this thread is a nice looking card..... granted, one I have zero interest in (I'm not really a prospects guy). If you're talking about other sports - I don't think I could possibly care less what they've released. I have zero interest in collecting them. How good a baseball or football release was from Leaf means about as much to me as how good they were from Upper Deck or Panini (that's nothing. It's completely irrelevant). The merged company, as far as hockey goes, will do well (or not) based on how hockey collectors like their products.

Anyone else think ITG should have just remained separate from Leaf. Most Leaf cards and releases are trash. They repackage graded cards and give you a Pete Rose auto all the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

While I generally applaud the efforts of a card company to give me more for my hard-earned buck, I'm not sure this one has been thoroughly thought through. (say that five time fast!)

Not only do we have the sour taste left in the mouths of collectors like adamslogik, who bought boxes at or around issue and have since discarded the box materials AND have seen the price of a box drop dramatically, but if this becomes a regular thing for ITG/Leaf to do as an inventory-clearing incentive then there will be a certain percentage of buyers who will wait to buy in hopes of taking advantage of both a lower price point and a later incentive. This won't be a problem if they produce a great product and people catch on pretty quickly, but if the product is mediocre it will drop like a rock as NO ONE except the most hardcore breakers with crack the wax until they can get more for their money.

This should be a one-shot or once in a blue moon type of deal, IMO. It's nice they are making an effort to clear the shelves (no idea if this product is inventoried in distribution or is mostly at retailer level) but will be harmful to ITG/Leaf in the long run if continued.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast