Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Jeez....I really can't call someone a "she" if they still use the men's room. One the process is complete I will refer to them as she.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I love how threads are left to quietly die when the ignorant finally realize their ignorance. They just slink away with their tails between their legs. No admission of their failed thinking. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I love how threads are left to quietly die when the ignorant finally realize their ignorance. They just slink away with their tails between their legs. No admission of their failed thinking. lol

or that they realize that the person they are debating with just ain't worth it.

but seriously

I rarely agree with habs, but at least he is not out of control, he makes disagreement pleasurable!!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

or that they realize that the person they are debating with just ain't worth it.

but seriously

I rarely agree with habs, but at least he is not out of control, he makes disagreement pleasurable!!!

So you still haven't grasped why your bisexual friends have the ability to choose and the gay people (of which you have spoken to none) don't have the ability to make choices?

Interesting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so now you can say who is bisexual and who is gay?

what if they were always gay but because of how society views gay, there were in the closet?

interesting

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

so now you can say who is bisexual and who is gay?

what if they were always gay but because of how society views gay, there were in the closet?

interesting

What's interesting is that you have never talked to someone who says they have always been gay, yet you know that they were born straight. Yes, your friends could be gay and chose to hide it and live a straight life when puberty hit. Or they could be bisexual from birth. Ask them for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so not only does someone have to be "born gay" but they had to "act gay" since birth to be a legitimate gay?

One is says she is pansexual, one said she is not sure, two I will not ask, and the others I have never asked, and I am not sure I would be comfortable doing so, but I could assume, seems to be the thing to do.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

so not only does someone have to be "born gay" but they had to "act gay" since birth to be a legitimate gay?

One is says she is pansexual, one said she is not sure, two I will not ask, and the others I have never asked, and I am not sure I would be comfortable doing so, but I could assume, seems to be the thing to do.

I have no idea where you are coming up with that first sentence? Whether you believe people are born with different sexual orientations or not. The definitions remain the same. Open the dictionary and look up the meaning of gay. That is a "legitimate" gay as you want to put it.

So which of your friends ever told you they were born straight and chose to be gay? None? Yet you tout them as your anecdotal evidence of it being a choice?

How can you even argue such an illogical position?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

This is not about whether or not you believe in it or not.

We work with a person, born a man, who is in the process of becoming a woman.

This person has breasts already but you cannot tell unless you are out of the work environment.

So someone came to me yesterday and we were talking about an issue that this person was having that would not allow them to do their job. It's my job to make sure these issues are fixed and the job can continue.

The person said to me "XXXX has (this issue) and SHE can't continue"

We then discussed whether to call this person a man or a woman. I said I will continue to call the person a man or him because he still used the men's room.

My not to eloquent co-worker say he will you woman or she because the person has breasts.

What would you call this person if you were describing them?

I haven't read through this thread, but you call the person whatever they want to be called. The transition is a long process so it's not like the switch happens over night. We a had a man who reassigned to female here at work. She didn't work in my group and it was awhile ago but I believe her name changed when she legally changed her name. I suppose that could happen at many different times throughout the process depending on the person. The best rule of thumb is to find out how the person wants to be referred to. Obviously if this is a person you knew for awhile before the reassignment there would be a learning curve to remember their new name and sex, but seems like it's not a big deal to re-train your brain. Sort of similar to learning a new last name for a female coworker who takes her new husbands last name.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456