Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Shipping in Canada

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shipping in Canada

Hi,

I recently bought a case of 13/14 the cup. I would like to sell a few of the cards on ebay/scf. Would it be possible for me to cross the border into Canada and ship the cards from a Canadian Post Office with a United States "From" address?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Serge

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't see how that would be a problem.

The "return address" is just in case there's an issue with delivery. As long as it's mailed within Canada, you're using Canadian rates.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There would be no problem.... unless there was an issue with delivery.

The return address is there if there was an issue. For example: You wrote the wrong "to" address down, and they can't deliver it. Who do they send it back to?

Not sure that Canadian Postage (as a Canada to Canada letter) would get that done.

There would certainly be no problem with you shipping it as you suggest though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcfutures9's Items on eBay

It is a bummer that I cannot ship a bubble mailer to Canada without paying $7. I just started breaking hockey hobby packs on my website cardboardfutures.com and it is so expensive to get cards out to Canada.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

There are threads that discuss how to get around that problem. I routinely ship to Canada in cardboard DVD sleeves for $1.36, no problems at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

It is a bummer that I cannot ship a bubble mailer to Canada without paying $7. I just started breaking hockey hobby packs on my website cardboardfutures.com and it is so expensive to get cards out to Canada.

This might help you: https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...od-Of-Shipping

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcfutures9's Items on eBay

There are threads that discuss how to get around that problem. I routinely ship to Canada in cardboard DVD sleeves for $1.36, no problems at all.

Awesome method. Do I need a customs form as well?
    Last edited by eliteco3; 10-25-2014 at 05:04 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Awesome method. Do I need a customs form as well?

No - that just opens it up to possible inspection, IMO. I buy the DVD mailers/sleeves at Wal-Mart, 20 for $5. Cards go into penny sleeves, top loaders, team bags and I place decoys for rigidity on either side, securing everything with painter's tape. The $1.36 covers $1.15 postage (or use a Global Forever stamp) plus 21 cents for the non-machinable surcharge. This covers up to 3 ounces (four or five regular cards, two or three memorabilia cards) - check USPS web site for price for additional ounces. I write "DO NOT BEND" on both sides. I generally charge a flat $2 to ship worldwide (to encourage multiple buys).

EDIT: Note that I have had feedback from a couple of people for whom this does not work, as their post office screens and pulls the mailers and calls them "packages". I have had no problems with my post office at all, but I always skip the people and stick it straight into the mail slot.
    Last edited by Gallinator; 10-25-2014 at 05:54 PM.