Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Charles Barkley outrages black community with comments

Never one to shy away from candid comments, former Auburn Tiger and NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley told Philadelphia radio hosts too many black people are caught up in a culture that's more concerned with street cred than intelligence.
    Speaking on the radio show "Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis," Barkley was asked his opinion on Seattle Seahawks Quarterback Russell Wilson, who was the subject of an article detailing allegations he wasn't "black enough."
    Barkley fired back:
    "We as black people are never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you are black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people," Barkley said.
    Barkley, a native of Leeds, said African Americans are too concerned with street cred than true success and that's holding the community back.
    "For some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you're not a thug or an idiot, you're not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don't break the law, you're not a good black person. It's a dirty, dark secret in the black community.
    "There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don't have success. It's best to knock a successful black person down because they're intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they're successful. It's just typical BS that goes on when you're black, man."

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

"For some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you're not a thug or an idiot, you're not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don't break the law, you're not a good black person. It's a dirty, dark secret in the black community."

This is correct. I am a high school teacher and I see this all the time and it isn't that much of a secret.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is a shame. secret.[/QUOTE]

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

something everyone has known about since the 80's isnt much of a secret

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is a good point but when it comes from Charles Barkley I guess it is not considered racist.
    something everyone has known about since the 80's isnt much of a secret

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

no, but he will be, and I am sure he is, being called an uncle tom over this.

the race with the most issues in the US seems to be the blacks. most blacks blame someone else for their issues.
    this is the foundation of the democratic party

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

That is a good point but when it comes from Charles Barkley I guess it is not considered racist.

i dont see where stating facts should be anything close to racist,people do it all the time though

sure with wish i had some of that white privilege stuff
    wonder if they will come up with asian or indian(country) privilege when it suits their needs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Although I don't agree with everything that Barkley says he speaks his mind and tells it like it is. I have no problem with this and from what I know about Wilson do not consider him an uncle tom.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Although I don't agree with everything that Barkley says he speaks his mind and tells it like it is. I have no problem with this and from what I know about Wilson do not consider him an uncle tom.

So as an African American, what is your definition on an "Uncle Tom" in 2014?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So as an African American, what is your definition on an "Uncle Tom" in 2014?

I can answer this for him. A black Republican.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast