Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

5 year old who used crayon as a gun forced to sign a safety contract by her school

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-herself.html

An Alabama mom is furious that her five-year-old daughter was forced to sign a contract saying she will not hurt herself or anyone at school after she pointed a crayon at a classmate.

The incident occurred at E.R. Dickson Elementary School in Mobile.

The mom, only identified as Rebecca, said the school asked her toddler, Elizabeth, whether she was depressed, which the little girl did not understand.

'They told me she drew something that resembled a gun,' Rebecca told WPMI-TV.

'According to them she pointed a crayon at another student and said, ''pew pew''.'

The angry mother said the school then had her daughter sign a Mobile County Public Safety Contract without her consent.

'While I was in the lobby waiting they had my 5-year-old sign a contract about suicide and homicide,' Rebecca said.

'(They) asked her if she was depressed now.

'Most of these words on here, she's never heard in her life.

'This isn't right. She's 5-years-old.'

State law in Alabama outlines that minors cannot sign a contract.

The school also reccomended Elizabeth see a psychiatrist.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Crazy world

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Which PC focus group thought this would be a good idea? Idiots.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nothing like traumitizing a five year old for life.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nothing like traumitizing a five year old for life.

I don't agree with them having the kid sign it without their parent there, but traumatized for life? Come on.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't agree with them having the kid sign it without their parent there, but traumatized for life? Come on.....

Child should not sign it ever, with or without parent if the parents had half a wit between them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Child should not sign it ever, with or without parent if the parents had half a wit between them.

I completely agree, that's why I said I don't agree with the child signing it without their parent there to see what it was. I was just saying I don't think the kid will be traumatized for life because they signed something that they didn't even know what it was...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I agree she won't be traumatized by signing the contract, but she could very well be traumatized by a school staff that treats her differently, targets her for "special attention" because they have decided she is homicidal or suicidal, makes it a point to constantly force her into counseling, and/or challenge everything she does as a possible sign of her "condition". Adults who would have a 5 year old sign a contract like this are EASILY stupid enough to continue to harass her and single her out for the remainder of her time in the school, which would definitely be traumatic for a 5 year old little girl.

The mother needs to hire a very good lawyer that will help her file a very big lawsuit and refuse any settlement that doesn't include the dismissal without benefits of every staff member involved.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree she won't be traumatized by signing the contract, but she could very well be traumatized by a school staff that treats her differently, targets her for "special attention" because they have decided she is homicidal or suicidal, makes it a point to constantly force her into counseling, and/or challenge everything she does as a possible sign of her "condition". Adults who would have a 5 year old sign a contract like this are EASILY stupid enough to continue to harass her and single her out for the remainder of her time in the school, which would definitely be traumatic for a 5 year old little girl.

The mother needs to hire a very good lawyer that will help her file a very big lawsuit and refuse any settlement that doesn't include the dismissal without benefits of every staff member involved.

Why not work with the school and get the policy changed instead of the first thinking to be to hire a lawyer to get paid and fire everyone involved? I would think it would be more traumatizing to drag your 5 year old through a trial...
    Last edited by Joncamburn; 10-31-2014 at 03:17 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why not work with the school and get the policy changed instead of the first thinking to be to hire a lawyer to get paid and fire everyone involved? I would think it would be more traumatizing to drag your 5 year old through a trial...

If anything, use the lawyer to get the school to wake up, back off, and negate anything the child signed even if they never go after money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast