Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Warriors co-owner regrets writing 'hoodish'

SCF Rewards
    Country

His excuse was that he meant to type Yiddish instead of hoodish? Unless that's an auto correct thing I'm not buying it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

As people on other forums have pointed out, and which I even tried myself, no phone with Autocorrect recognizes "hoodish." It's simply not a real word. That means he's used it deliberately before. Doesn't mean he meant to use it here necessarily - the 'h' and 'o' keys are next to the 'y' and 'i' keys - but it means he's used it in other contexts, at the very least.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As people on other forums have pointed out, and which I even tried myself, no phone with Autocorrect recognizes "hoodish." It's simply not a real word. That means he's used it deliberately before. Doesn't mean he meant to use it here necessarily - the 'h' and 'o' keys are next to the 'y' and 'i' keys - but it means he's used it in other contexts, at the very least.

The phone was just giving the guy some sort of life saver for his comments. You aren't going to accidentally hit keys on a keyboard to make that on a PC so if a phone won't auto correct he had to type that. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with him putting hoodish down as a language comment or whatever but own up on what you said dude. Don't try to pass it off as you meant to say Yiddish or whatever. Nobody is buying that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Let me explain a little better than I originally did - phones autocorrect to "words" you've used before, even if they aren't real words within the original autocorrect system. What it means is he's used "hoodish" at least once before if it showed up in his phone's memory, and it was used deliberately then, for he would have had to override the autocorrect system to use it (much like I had to originally override autocorrect when I typed 'fuzzlet' as a term of endearment to my fiance; now my autocorrect system recognizes that "word").

And it's also possible since the h and o keys are next to the y and i that he mistyped the word in this specific context when he meant 'Yiddish,' and his phone thus autocorrected to "hoodish" that he had typed at least before in another context. Look at the keys on any keyboard/phone: h is just below y and i is to the direct left of o. If he's anything like me and makes lots of errors while texting/typing, hitting nearby keys, then it's actually highly possible his phone autocorrected to hoodish when he was trying to type Yiddish. It also makes sense within the context of what he was trying to write: hoodish doesn't really belong alongside Swahili, Serbian, etc., and the other languages he was typing about.

All that said, all we know for sure is that he's used "hoodish" deliberately in at least one prior context, or else it wouldn't be in his phone's autocorrect memory. That alone gets him in trouble, whether he meant to use it here or not (and it doesn't really look like he meant to here, for the reasons I gave in the other paragraphs).
    Last edited by WilyWestbrook0; 10-30-2014 at 11:13 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let me explain a little better than I originally did - phones autocorrect to "words" you've used before, even if they aren't real words within the original autocorrect system. What it means is he's used "hoodish" at least once before if it showed up in his phone's memory, and it was used deliberately then, for he would have had to override the autocorrect system to use it (much like I had to originally override autocorrect when I typed 'fuzzlet' as a term of endearment to my fiance; now my autocorrect system recognizes that "word").

And it's also possible since the h and o keys are next to the y and i that he mistyped the word in this specific context when he meant 'Yiddish,' and his phone thus autocorrected to "hoodish" that he had typed at least before in another context. Look at the keys on any keyboard/phone: h is just below y and i is to the direct left of o. If he's anything like me and makes lots of errors while texting/typing, hitting nearby keys, then it's actually highly possible his phone autocorrected to hoodish when he was trying to type Yiddish. It also makes sense within the context of what he was trying to write: hoodish doesn't really belong alongside Swahili, Serbian, etc., and the other languages he was typing about.

All that said, all we know for sure is that he's used "hoodish" deliberately in at least one prior context, or else it wouldn't be in his phone's autocorrect memory. That alone gets him in trouble, whether he meant to use it here or not (and it doesn't really look like he meant to here, for the reasons I gave in the other paragraphs).

Okay thanks for clearing that up. I don't have a cell phone so I'm not up on why or how it would change a word.