Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: What are the chances I'll find that Gazdic /20

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • Give up. You're wasting your time.

1 5.88%
  • Keep searching daily. That's how often you're on eBay anyway.

16 94.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

13-14 Titanium RC /20: What are the chances I'll find one now??

Dumb question maybe? I'm thinking "not good" is the answer.

Here's my deal. I collect Oilers rookies. Not into "I need each RC from each set" but rather "I want one RC of each player". I like variety, I also like "best". I also collect Oilers GU & Autos.... so something like a Cup ARP /249 works great, because it fits all of my wants in one fell swoop.

That one of the sets I perceive to be "the best" comes out at the very end, it can lead to some difficulties though. It means I sit and wait all season, looking to see what comes out, and then if late season checklists don't give me what I want - I'm back to searching for cards from earlier in the season.

Two players from 13-14, the way I see it, their best RCs are from Titanium. They have no Autos in any set, they have no GU cards in any set... so all I have to go on is rarity.

The two players are Brad Hunt (only appeared on a multi-player card in Showcase, and a Titanium /59) and Luke Gazdic (Showcase, Contenders /600, SPA non-Auto /999, Prizim, Titanium /20).

For variety's sake - I will probably now just look to add a Contenders RC. It's rarer than the SPA, and I've already got a Future Watch in my RCs from 13-14 (it was Anton Belov's only Auto-RC). I was able to land a Brand Hunt Titanium /59 recently..... but is there any hope I could still find the Gazdic /20?? Or is that one rare enough that I'm not going to see it anytime soon??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It may take a while, but one will probably pop up eventually. I am chasing J.T. Miller's Titanium RC and it is out of /10, so you have twice the chances of finding your card than I do. Good luck with your search.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not a fan of FREEbay but I think you will find one sooner than you think and perhaps from another trader right here on SCF.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Never give up hope. I've seen some pretty rare ones from this year's release, including an /3. So the odds may yet smile upon you.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks for the comments. Glad at least a few people are optimistic (granted, for my Ranford PC... I have had success finding SP'd stuff like this long after it was new).

Just frustrating. I understand that checklists are not going to be made months in advance, but I would have been searching for that card when it was new (and probably paid a premium for it) had I known it would be the most desirable one of the season. Instead I'm left guessing... and while SPA being a non-Auto should have been a sign that he wouldn't be signing for them..... only now have I been able to figure it out for sure.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I feel your pain. I work my Leafs PC the same way. My thought is grab a filler RC, keep looking and don't give up. You really won't be satisfied until you have the best RC.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habscards's Items on eBay

It will pop up eventually. Titanium was very lightly broken this year. I figure that the boxes/cases will be blown out sooner rather than later. When that happens a bunch of Titanium cards should show up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

It could take a while but keep on looking. After not seeing one for about 3 months I picked up a Jurco Titanium Rookie /26 two weeks ago, just have to get lucky.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah eventually since titanium boxes are dirt cheap now...

SCF Rewards
    Country

/20 is a pretty high number these days .... it might take some time, but keep searching
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast