Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Practices

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the feedback guys, I have contacted sellers in the past and they have always offered refunds and usually get their back up. The common theme I get back is supplies are expensive / hard to come by, or this is how they always ship. I think the disconnect is condition is less important for most buyers so what I see as sloppy shipping doesn't matter to most guys. A little chipping or a touched corner during shipping is seen as no big deal.

For me I like my cards mint and centered and a card that get a small ding in transit kills the deal for me.

I think there are also some younger guys here that need every penny for their next purchase and don't have the luxury of having a good stock of supplies, they need dollar for their next purchase.

I like participating in this forum but think I'm done buying here, too much hassle and arguing with guys about transactions is no fun!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

[QUOTE=habsheaven;136093I do not sell, I only trade. I alreused re-use team bags, toploaders and even bubble envelopes. I do not mind getting the same in return.[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing. Why throw it away when it can still be reused. I do not use any tape on toploaders but i will tape a team bag if i think it needs it. I always have new top loaders available for any pc cards i may buy or trade for.

Being a set collector I occasionally make some decent size trades so I have received cards packed all different ways. I really don't care how they come shipped as long as the cards don't arrive all mangled up and look good enough to put in the set.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikebraycomics's Items on eBay

Another popular forum makes you ship a certain way and you have to detail the method in the trade thread. If you don't ship that way you can be suspended from the site. Not sure if SCF would ever consider doing this sort of thing.

I think on SCF that most everyone knows how to properly ship cards - its just some of the methods used that could be tweaked a bit -

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Thanks for the feedback guys, I have contacted sellers in the past and they have always offered refunds and usually get their back up. The common theme I get back is supplies are expensive / hard to come by, or this is how they always ship. I think the disconnect is condition is less important for most buyers so what I see as sloppy shipping doesn't matter to most guys. A little chipping or a touched corner during shipping is seen as no big deal.

For me I like my cards mint and centered and a card that get a small ding in transit kills the deal for me.

I think there are also some younger guys here that need every penny for their next purchase and don't have the luxury of having a good stock of supplies, they need dollar for their next purchase.

I like participating in this forum but think I'm done buying here, too much hassle and arguing with guys about transactions is no fun!

I understand if you've had a few less-than-perfect experiences. I don't think you'll find anyone who feels that a card getting dinged in transit is OK, though. There is a difference, of course, between an expectation of a card being "pack fresh" versus "Mint" - many cards coming out of a pack will have a tiny ding or light chipping and many sellers may not feel a need to disclose this if the card still falls into NM/Mt condition category. Could this be what you are running into?

Most people are fussier than I am, but I certainly expect the card to arrive in the condition it was originally shipped! You may be right about some sellers being tight on supplies - hopefully those people will learn from whatever feedback they get (formal or informal) that they need to adhere to a higher standard (re-using materials is fine, as long as safe transit is ensured).

Anyway, hope to see you around and perhaps we'll trade someday. Cheers!

Paul

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do not sell, I only trade. I always re-use team bags, toploaders and even bubble envelopes. I do not mind getting the same in return.

Same here, it's an expensive hobby I'm going to save money where I can, when I receive a card I take it out of the used toploader and put it in a nice clean one. Saying that though, I don't skimp on protecting the cards. I use a penny sleeve, toploader team bag and a couple decoys. But if need be I'll ship multiple lower end cards in the same toploader. Haven't had a problem yet and I'm up to over 200 deals.

I can relate to the op, I once received a Luxury suite stick/jersey, that was jammed into a toploader that was so small I had to cut it out with a pair of scissors. I literally thought I was going to tear the card apart trying to pull it out, the toploader was bulged and white around the corners of the card. I have absolutely no idea how the other trader managed to get it into the toploader without damaging it. But I managed to remove it successfully if anyone's wondering :)

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

The goal in shipping is the get the card in the condition it should be and not to supply you with brand new supply. But that said, card should never have damage unless it was noted in the trade manager and agreed upon. If this is the case, contact the seller to get a refund and if this do not work then place the trade in dispute.

From my experience with few cards, the packaging is adequate but I can see issue when it come with lots. Not many will move many cards and the packaging can then be less adequate. But the ultimate goal is for cards to get there with no damage to them. But I can tell you that most members for 1 to 5 cards, the shipping method has improve a lot since 2008. But if you get used top loader, I know some do not like it but they can still do the job required. Damage is never acceptable, simple as that.

But for many cards, some should ask before shipping because some simply have no clue how to ship properly. Maybe because it does not happen often for them. I don't buy cards often and trade most of the time and I never run into shipping issue other then used top loader or at time cards in top loader with no sleeve. If there is no damage then I leave a positive and move on. to me it all come to no damage in the end. as for tape, more and more person do use painting tape. thread like this one does educate members as their are always new person coming into the hobby. I know I use only new top loader and always use team bags instead of tape and just put the tape on the team bag.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

For tape residue, a simple alcohol swab often works.

I actually got a card from EBay in a padded envelope, but the jersey card was not in anything else. Not top loader, no sleeve, no nothing. Just thrown in the envelope and shipped. Luckily, it came out OK, but I think that was more luck than not. The odds of that coming through unscathed again probably aren't good.

But here on the Forum, I haven't had any problems yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcfutures9's Items on eBay

For tape residue, a simple alcohol swab often works.

I actually got a card from EBay in a padded envelope, but the jersey card was not in anything else. Not top loader, no sleeve, no nothing. Just thrown in the envelope and shipped. Luckily, it came out OK, but I think that was more luck than not. The odds of that coming through unscathed again probably aren't good.

But here on the Forum, I haven't had any problems yet.

That has happened to me before on eBay but I think the seller used at least a soft sleeve

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I reuse as much as I can.....

If I get a bubble mailer that doesn't have the postmark on it (so the stamp is still good) that's an automatic reuse. That's saving me $2 everytime I ship.

I get taped up toploaders all the time. No big deal IMO. I expect sellers (or traders) to ship the card to me safely, not concern themselves with how I will store the card once I have it. I use the taped up one to ship with later.... and keep a supply of clean ones on hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12