Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Swear words and groovy user names.

So apparently you can't say the dreaded H-E double hockey sticks on this site. I was told this by a moderator by the name of rocksaysits420. I was caught off guard by this because of two things. Why is a word like (heck), which is a fictional place that can be said on the TV and radio, be changed on this site? Besides the obvious remark that this is a violation of my constitutional rights, I came to realize that most, if not ALL well run forums require the member to be 18 and older! So I guess (heck) is just too PG-18 rated for this site. Shoot. Dang. Heck. What the heck. Anyway...rocksaysits420 told me about this rule, but then I caught on the fact that you cannot SWEAR, but can have open DRUG references in your name. IF THAT'S NOT KID FRIENDLY I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS! Hipoccracy, thy name is sportscardforum.com

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've said hell many times on this particular forum....

Then again, this is the P&R forum where some people believe hell is a very real thing.

Talking about kid-friendly stuff, would anyone like to know a little bit more about hell...you know, that place MILLIONS of American Christians believe is very true?

Hell is a place of horrible torment where billions of souls are in a never ending state of suffering and will remain there for literally ALL eternity, a trillion years will pass and they will still be there....and who sent them to this place?

Why the most evil of beings....the devi....oh wait, it's not the devil that sends people to hell, then who does???

Oooooohhhh.....that's right, it's the loving and just Christian God that sends people to hell.

Cuz, you know, an unforgivable sin such as not believing in him (for example) completely merits a sentence of eternal damnation.

Boy, this Yahweh guy sure is reasonable...

Err....anyway, yeah, hell is a very tame word in today's standard of slang and cursing.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 11-03-2014 at 04:28 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Besides the obvious remark that this is a violation of my constitutional rights,

And with this statement you show that you are either-
    A- Very Ill Informed
    B- See Above.

Then again, this is the P&R forum where some people believe hell is a very real thing.

Talking about kid-friendly stuff, would anyone like to know a little bit more about hell...you know, that place MILLIONS of American Christians believe is very true?

Hell is a place of horrible torment where billions of souls are in a never ending state of suffering and will remain there for literally ALL eternity, a trillion years will pass and they will still be there....and who sent them to this place?

Why the most evil of beings....the devi....oh wait, it's not the devil that sends people to hell, then who does???

Oooooohhhh.....that's right, it's the loving and just Christian God that sends people to hell.

Cuz, you know, an unforgivable sin such as not believing in him (for example) completely merits a sentence of eternal damnation.

Err....anyway, yeah, hell is a very tame word in today's standard of slang and cursing.

You really should teach your pony another trick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Well that did not take long to derail a thread.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Besides the obvious remark that this is a violation of my constitutional rights, I came to realize that most, if not ALL well run forums require the member to be 18 and older!

I am not going to bother with this too much as thankfully it isn't my job to deal with this crap anymore. I just want to point out one thing. It is not your Constitutional right to say anything you want on a privately owned website. Your right of freedom of speech does not extend to other people's property.

Also, since when you joined the site you clicked that little box saying that you had read and agreed to all of the rules of membership, even if your Constitutional rights applied, you forfeited the right to say anything you want by agreeing to not say anything you want in exchange for membership as the rules clearly outline that certain language is unacceptable.

With that said, I am pretty sure hell is not a blocked word.

SCF Rewards
    Country

AJ - You crack me up!

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Thanks but these guys give me all the ammo I need for a laugh
    AJ - You crack me up!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hell can be said. Any word can be said on this site as long as it isn't censored (there are a lot of words that are censored but hell isn't one of them). If somebody told you that they are wrong and you should probably fight it / correct them.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Why did you take this public? If you have questions about how something was moderated, the Chit-Chat forum isn't the place. PM the mod in question, or another mod, if you think something is unfair, and get it resolved that way.

That said, that word is seen as mild cursing in some contexts (in the heaven vs. hell context, it obviously isn't). I can't remember how SCF handled that one back when I was a mod, if it was considered severe enough to censor, etc. But again, just PM the mod or another mod and get it figured out/handled that way.

It's ultimately not that big of a deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast