Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

There's a line that has been crossed numerous times.

if you are going to post in here ( which I enjoy having you, though I don't always agree with you) you are going to have to realize people are not going to agree with you. Politics and religion are two subjects that people are passionate about on all sides and peole are rarely swayed by you saying something.
    it is nat an attack when several people disagree with you and frankly tell you so.

example,

You need to be educated, you don't know what you are talking about, quit being so dumb.

this is not an attack, you could take it personally and have your feelings hurt, but that is you and your fault.
    that statement does not break any SCF rules and though it is low level debating skills, it is not against the rules.

the issue is every side, every person, thinks they are superior in some way, basic psychology. this only becomes an issue when you allow it to stump your growth, and this is even just a personal issue.

there are plenty of people I soundly disagree with, when they debate with opinions based on several sources of knowledge, I enjoy it, when they talk smack, I most often ignore it. You cannot prove an opinion wrong, for an opinion cannot be wrong.

the best flavor of ice cream is cherry.

only a fact can be wrong,

Obama is 92 years old.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I've only been on here a couple months and the liberal thinkers do the same thing but they don't ever call us any names except for Conservatives, Americans, Christians, etc. Those may be insults in some places, but those labels don't insult me at all. I've even had some of the right leaning people make fun of something I said when it came out weird....maybe perspective can only come with maturity??

Those are attacks? Are you or aren't you a Conservative? I'm an Independent. I can be called an independent. I've seen the word bigot, among other things, be thrown from both sides. There have been constant attacks from both sides. Alex gives you guys right back what you all give to him...but when he doesn't post two seconds after you all go, it's as if a war was won.

SCF Rewards
    Country

if you are going to post in here ( which I enjoy having you, though I don't always agree with you) you are going to have to realize people are not going to agree with you. Politics and religion are two subjects that people are passionate about on all sides and peole are rarely swayed by you saying something.
    it is nat an attack when several people disagree with you and frankly tell you so.

example,

You need to be educated, you don't know what you are talking about, quit being so dumb.

this is not an attack, you could take it personally and have your feelings hurt, but that is you and your fault.
    that statement does not break any SCF rules and though it is low level debating skills, it is not against the rules.

the issue is every side, every person, thinks they are superior in some way, basic psychology. this only becomes an issue when you allow it to stump your growth, and this is even just a personal issue.

there are plenty of people I soundly disagree with, when they debate with opinions based on several sources of knowledge, I enjoy it, when they talk smack, I most often ignore it. You cannot prove an opinion wrong, for an opinion cannot be wrong.

the best flavor of ice cream is cherry.

only a fact can be wrong,

Obama is 92 years old.

Hey, it's your forum, you run it how you see fit. I'm giving an outside view. There are attacks. We all know there are. Some people ignore them, and all the power to them for doing so. Lately, it's gotten bad IMO.

And for the record, I have no problems with people disagreeing with me. I enjoy the debates, but that enjoyment disappears when you can't hold a conversation for more than ten minutes without someone going off. I'm an independent so I've got two sides disagreeing with me. That doesn't bother me one bit.

SCF Rewards
    Country

but when he doesn't post two seconds after you all go, it's as if a war was won.

I'm not warring with anyone on here, I enjoy sharing my ideas and sometimes people agree and sometimes they don't.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

But in your observation you can say objectively that both republicans and democrats are racist correct?
    As a Canadian and a neutral in this debate, I'm happy to give my 2 cents...

From afar, from the international community's perspective, I can tell you that there is no question that the Republicans are seen as the more racist/discriminatory/close-minded of the two. It's not even close... and I don't even have a horse in this race, I'm just making an observation.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

It is everyones forum and I would say there is a HUGE difference between debate and attacks. But of course all views are welcomed and we all might NEVER AGREE. But let us get a little thicker skin especially if your going to talk about 2 topics that actually has caused war.
    Hey, it's your forum, you run it how you see fit. I'm giving an outside view. There are attacks. We all know there are. Some people ignore them, and all the power to them for doing so. Lately, it's gotten bad IMO.

And for the record, I have no problems with people disagreeing with me. I enjoy the debates, but that enjoyment disappears when you can't hold a conversation for more than ten minutes without someone going off. I'm an independent so I've got two sides disagreeing with me. That doesn't bother me one bit.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not warring with anyone on here, I enjoy sharing my ideas and sometimes people agree and sometimes they don't.

Oh, no, I wasn't referring to you. You're one of the nicer people I've dealt with in the forum. You'll actually give credit where credit is due and admit when you dig yourself into a hole you can't get out of.

SCF Rewards
    Country

admit when you dig yourself into a hole you can't get out of.

When has that ever happened?? LOL

Jet got me on one and Shrew got me once quoting me when I said I didn't say something....but I always own up!

SCF Rewards
    Country

When has that ever happened?? LOL

Jet got me on one and Shrew got me once quoting me when I said I didn't say something....but I always own up!

Maybe it hasn't happened yet...but it seems like something you'd do!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe it hasn't happened yet...but it seems like something you'd do!

I'm in my 40s, I used to be a bleeding heart liberal myself, hell I even voted for Clinton TWICE. But I've learned alot and I know that no one can be right all the time. It is more important to have a strong character than create some perception of being right.

That being said, it doesn't mean I'm not passionate about conservatism!!

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast