Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is a pretty weak attempt to dodge. You use the terms "GOP", "Republican" and "conservative" interchangeably in this discussion and others. Saying you are only talking about conservatives when you have referenced the GOP and Republicans in the same discussion doesn't hold water with me.

I have given no such "dodge"....I am telling YOU and everyone else that historically it has been CONSERVATIVES whether they were democratic or republican does NOT matter, have for the most part been more aligned with racism and bigotry.

In the past conservatives defended slavery and segregation, Jim Crow laws was a conservative thing, and the South have for the most part ALWAYS been conservative, it doesn't matter that they were once democrats, their political ideology has been conservative, they have NEVER been liberal, seriously, how do you NOT know this?

They were Democrats. There is no proof that they were conservatives. Being religious does not make you conservative nor does it make you Republican.

YES, they were democrats, even I freaking agree with this....but I keep telling you that back then the democrats WERE the conservatives, this isn't a surprise to no one...

"Until the late 20th century the party had a powerful conservative and populist wing based in the rural South, which over time has greatly diminished. Today its Congressional caucus is composed mostly of progressives and centrists."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democra...United_States)

The Democrats WERE once the Conservatives, and they switched sides around the time of the Civil Rights Movement where Republicans tried to get all the racists southern CONSERVATIVE votes....this is the "Southern Strategy" I was talking about...

Source:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Lastly, I'm not saying that EVERY conservative is racist, and I'm not saying that TODAY'S conservative are racist either, I'm saying that IN THE PAST they have been more aligned with racism and bigotry, and we have evidence for this.

Bold.

As a Canadian and a neutral in this debate, I'm happy to give my 2 cents...

From afar, from the international community's perspective, I can tell you that there is no question that the Republicans are seen as the more racist/discriminatory/close-minded of the two. It's not even close... and I don't even have a horse in this race, I'm just making an observation.

Most Americans are in such a tight bubble that they really have no idea how the world really perceives America and Americans.

And yes ALL my foreigner friends, EVERY non-American site I go to, it is not even close who is seen as the bigger bigots.

But you know what, honestly that's not even what I'm talking about in this thread.

I'm strictly talking about the past, and this nation is filled with horrible racism.....and the overwhelming majority of it has come from the SOUTH.

The South has ALWAYS been married with "traditionalist values" and Religion.....this is two of the biggest cornerstones in conservatism.

To think that they were anything BUT conservatives is to be willfully blind.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 11-15-2014 at 01:58 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex your crap really cracks me up. Guess I am going to need to find one of those southern bibles that explain to the reader why they need to be bigots.

Let's talk about the actions of the smaller bigots on just the African Americans
    - promoting abortion which was designed to rid the world of less desirables (Margaret Sanger)
    - when African American unemployment is twice the national average they want Executive Action to bring in illegal aliens to both suppress wages and take the jobs that they could fill
    - destruction of the African American family unit
    - stealing their desire to do for themselves just so they will be an automatic "D" vote. I would call this modern day slavery.
    - constant race hustling (Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton) to stir their emotions while delivering little or nothing that the community could use (hope, upward mobility, etc.)

Bold.

Most Americans are in such a tight bubble that they really have no idea how the world really perceives America and Americans.

And yes ALL my foreigner friends, EVERY non-American site I go to, it is not even close who is seen as the bigger bigots.

But you know what, honestly that's not even what I'm talking about in this thread.

I'm strictly talking about the past, and this nation is filled with horrible racism.....and the overwhelming majority of it has come from the SOUTH.

The South has ALWAYS been married with "traditionalist values" and Religion.....this is two of the biggest cornerstones in conservatism.

To think that they were anything BUT conservatives is to be willfully blind.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Alex your crap really cracks me up. Guess I am going to need to find one of those southern bibles that explain to the reader why they need to be bigots.

Let's talk about the actions of the smaller bigots on just the African Americans
    - promoting abortion which was designed to rid the world of less desirables (Margaret Sanger)
    - when African American unemployment is twice the national average they want Executive Action to bring in illegal aliens to both suppress wages and take the jobs that they could fill
    - destruction of the African American family unit
    - stealing their desire to do for themselves just so they will be an automatic "D" vote. I would call this modern day slavery.
    - constant race hustling (Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton) to stir their emotions while delivering little or nothing that the community could use (hope, upward mobility, etc.)

Well said.

Talks about race and slavery in the past. Ignores the racism and slavery of the present. Liberals only care about the black vote. Then they do nothing after they have it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Wow, now I know why nearly every liberal stops posting in these forums. It's crazy how easy they get teamed up on just from sharing an opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, now I know why nearly every liberal stops posting in these forums. It's crazy how easy they get teamed up on just from sharing an opinion.

There is no conservative conspiracy on these boards, just sound thinking shooting holes in liberal ideology.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

There is no conservative conspiracy on these boards, just sound thinking shooting holes in liberal ideology.

I didn't say there's a conspiracy..and I know there are two sides to every story, I've just noticed lots of teaming up, even against some of the crazier people on here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Unfortunately, that is the case, Andrew. I'm not even using labels like "liberal" and "conservative". I simply told them how it is outside of your borders, and even that was too much to take.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeeeeee hawwwww, I love that you view the world as a dichotomy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congratulations in believing everything that you see in the media.

Actually, as a high school teacher (in a really great school board too), media literacy is a core component of all English classes. I teach media literacy. Thanks for helping me see the light, though. I had no idea that Fox News wasn't reliable.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a Canadian and a neutral in this debate, I'm happy to give my 2 cents...

Saying something like this is preposterous and only asking for criticism. It's like someone else on here saying they were unbiased...its just not possible, your environment and culture shape you to some degree unless you live under a rock. Just because you are Canadian or South African, or Australian, means nothing in a debate. It may mean you can't vote in American politics, but how does that translate to a debate??

What's wrong with a little criticism anyway? Some people on here are very thin skinned!

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast