Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I'm in my 40s, I used to be a bleeding heart liberal myself, hell I even voted for Clinton TWICE. But I've learned alot and I know that no one can be right all the time. It is more important to have a strong character than create some perception of being right.

That being said, it doesn't mean I'm not passionate about conservatism!!

That's okay, not everyone can be perfect.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's okay, not everyone can be perfect.

Hey, you forgot one thing.....you kids in your 20s are not only perfect but your invincible too. Wait until you hit the wall in your 30s and have a couple kids and tell me if that doesn't change your perspective of the world and your country. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey, you forgot one thing.....you kids in your 20s are not only perfect but your (*you're) invincible too. Wait until you hit the wall in your 30s and have a couple kids and tell me if that doesn't change your perspective of the world and your country. :)

Your argument is moot. I'm not in my twenties.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your argument is moot. I'm not in my twenties.

Ok, thanks for the spelling correction, YOU'VE proven once again you are perfect.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, thanks for the spelling correction, YOU'VE proven once again you are perfect.

It actually wasn't a spelling correction, it was a grammar correction. You conservatives and your lack of education.

(and for those who can't tell, yes, this is sarcasm.)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, I'm the first to acknowledge that I use hyperbole more than I need to, hell I'll even acknowledge that when talking about issues such as this I get carried away....

So allow me to carefully and properly address the issue I am backing by taking a more simple approach.

#1 It is VERY important to remember that Republican and Democrat are political parties, NOT political ideologies.....Conservative and Liberal ARE political ideologies, in other words, one can be A Conservative Republican or even a Conservative Democrat.

#2 What is a "Conservative"? Well when talking about it in a political mind frame it is the following:

Conservative: holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

So there you have it, A conservative is a "Traditionalist" and holds traditional values and doesn't rush into changing the way society is.

Now, what is a "Liberal"?

Liberal: open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

As you can see a Liberal is almost the polar opposite of a Conservative, he discards traditional values and is open to change in a more freestyle manner.

#3 Now I ask anyone of you, if you were to travel back to the 19th Century in the U.S South, which of the two ideologies do you think is more aligned with the slave owners?

In this period, slavery is NOT seen as a barbaric practice, in fact slavery is just a way of life, it HAD been for CENTURIES in practically ALL the world....it was TRADITION.

And the slave owners did NOT want to change their way of life, they did NOT want to give up their slaves and acknowledge blacks as equals.

#4 For the 10th time, I am not saying any CURRENT conservative is a racist or a bigot simply for being a conservative, I'm simply saying that if one looks at the past one can see that conservatives have been on the wrong side of things on more than one occassion......even today many of them are once more on the WRONG side in regards to gay marriage.

But It's because they are conservative that they deeply hold on to the TRADITIONAL values of marriage between man and woman that many of them DON'T embrace how the world really HAS changed and now we as a society have evolved to a point where we can say gay marriage is perfectly fine and should be legal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Conservative: holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

So there you have it, A conservative is a "Traditionalist" and holds traditional values and doesn't rush into changing the way society is.

well, the definition of conservatism, that you used, does not say anything about social issues, but yet you instantly relate it to such.

a conservative being a traditionalist means they are for, "all men are created equal". Thus on a social level they are against racism, and unequal treatment of any human.

Liberal: open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

which could mean, let everyone be drunk, druggies, unemployed, uneducated, losers. dependent upon the government, and disregard the tradition of "all men are created equal".

But It's because they are conservative that they deeply hold on to the TRADITIONAL values of marriage between man and woman that many of them DON'T embrace how the world really HAS changed and now we as a society have evolved to a point where we can say gay marriage is perfectly fine and should be legal.

but one of the most popular dems ever signed a law stating was only between a man and woman, why didn't he veto it?

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Still ignoring on why Liberals are segergating African Americans, forcing them to stay on welfare, offer them little new jobs, and expect their vote. Oh they're doing the exact same thing now with all these illegal immigrants who are about to be amnesty in.

All these Liberals care about is the Vote. They could care less about equality. They just want you to believe that.

And the Conservatives are the racist ones for wanting to create jobs, and get American's dependancy on the Governement down..
    Last edited by GroundSupport; 11-16-2014 at 11:57 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

a conservative being a traditionalist means they are for, "all men are created equal". Thus on a social level they are against racism, and unequal treatment of any human.

This is totally not the case, nor has it ever been the case.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

This is totally not the case, nor has it ever been the case.

Oh blame it on the conservatives.. Maybe one should look in the mirror.

Government subsides aren't the answer. Work/Job/Education is.

Stop caring about the vote for once.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast