Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What do you think bush would have done?

Sent a very clear verbal message that this is considered a threat to national security and international relations and will not be tolerated. He then would have scrambled a few dozen fighters jets which would have been under strict orders to only fire if fired upon to patrol American air space that parallels the intended course of the Russian fighters. Think Cuban Missile Crisis.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would guess we had eyes in the sky just nothing reported about it. We have had meet and greets, as has canada and many other countries.

True, NATO is doing much of this right now with the latest incidents.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

It's also not the only barometer, it may be a classic definition but things have changed from the 50s and 60s.

So call it harassment. What are we doing to get involved in this cold war?

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

What do you think bush would have done?

Nothing. Because he isn't a push over like Obama.

It's called peace by intimidation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So call it harassment. What are we doing to get involved in this cold war?

I never said anything about harassment. If anyone is harassing someone it is the Russians, not the U.S. or NATO. Are you saying that the U.S. policies are harassing to Russia? Why stop there are we to blame for China sending a nuke sub into the Persian Gulf?? Are we to blame for helping too much or not enough in Syria and the rise of ISIS? Come on, is the U.S. to blame for everything?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I never said anything about harassment. If anyone is harassing someone it is the Russians, not the U.S. or NATO. Are you saying that the U.S. policies are harassing to Russia? Why stop there are we to blame for China sending a nuke sub into the Persian Gulf?? Are we to blame for helping too much or not enough in Syria and the rise of ISIS? Come on, is the U.S. to blame for everything?

HA no I'm saying the Russians are harassing us and we are doing nothing about it. Nothing at all. Once we do something in response it will start CWII.

SCF Rewards
    Country

HA no I'm saying the Russians are harassing us and we are doing nothing about it. Nothing at all. Once we do something in response it will start CWII.

HA! I still think you live under a rock....what do you think we are doing in the Ukraine? What do you think the economic sanctions against Russia are for? What do you think is happening in Estonia and Lithuania, NATO nations by the way where the Russians are threatening there too............do you want more examples of a non-nuke build-up Cold war???

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Technically they are starting it by using a show of force in response to the sanctions over Ukraine. No military action has been directed towards them thus far. They are choosing to push it to this level. Our show of force wouldn't be starting it, it would be escalating it, which I don't think we can afford to avoid. Russia is clearly becoming more and more brazen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Technically they are starting it by using a show of force in response to the sanctions over Ukraine. No military action has been directed towards them thus far. They are choosing to push it to this level. Our show of force wouldn't be starting it, it would be escalating it, which I don't think we can afford to avoid. Russia is clearly becoming more and more brazen.

Thanks Duane, I barely beat you to it! LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think that if we show any force it will be WWIII. A true Cold War would bankrupt us. I guess we could call the current situation something different, maybe an Economic Showdown or something.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast