Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Vintage

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sykycherie's Items on eBay

Vintage

Hi all,
    What is a somewhat inexpensive nice set or cards to try and collect? Looking to start a vintage collection going.
    Thank you :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

These.

1972-73 Topps. There's only one really expensive card in that set, which is Dr. J's rookie.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For basketball you can collect a lot of vintage basketball sets for pretty cheap compared to other sports minus the ones with popular star rookie cards and in then in those cases you only have one or two tough cards to get.

On a side note I always imagined vintage basketball might be a good investment long term since basketball cards were always made in lesser quantities than vintage football and basketball but it doesn't seem like US or foreign basketball collectors really care that much about anything pre Jordan outside of Bird and Magic.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jordan fleer rc 86 sticker could be had for less than $100. Steal for such an iconic set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you go for the 1972 set I have quite a bit of unsigned duplicates. I am trying to get the entire set signed. I would say more importantly, go for a set that appeals to you visually. I don't think any sets before 1986 Fleer would be all that difficult.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sykycherie's Items on eBay

Awesome thank you all for the feedback! I been looking and actually like 74-75 topps.
    Last edited by Obcodis; 11-26-2014 at 06:35 PM.