Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks
    Twitter: @Vancollects25 See Paulk9551's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Manny Pick-Ups and Shout-Outs

So progress has been SLOW, but I've a few nice cards come into my hands for the Malhotra PC, and I think it's time that I share them, and give a bit of praise to a few people.

First, a real quick pick-up. Thought I should grab this really quickly, since they only get listed for a little while after release, then disappear. I guess that's why I can't find the Malhotra 2011-12 Vancouver Canucks postcard or 2010-11 Vancouver Canucks Oversized Team-Issue. So, I snapped up a copy of this 13-14 Montreal Canadiens Postcard

Now, an ebay pick-up. Malhotra had 3 variations of 00-01 BAP Memorabilia show stamped /10 and released at the 2000 Montreal Olympic Stadium show. The Ruby and Blue parallels popped up one after another for a while (multiple copies) within the last couple of years, but the Gold never appeared. Then, back in September, it was listed on Ebay. Needless to say, I'm quite probably the only person interested in Malhotra show stamped cards, so $5 later, it was mine!

Put together, it makes a nice "rainbow":

Another ebay pick-up, and late 90's expo stamped card. I don't really expect to ever see most of the expo stamped cards on my wantlist. When I first started collecting Malhotra, I missed out on a few cards that I think I'll never see again. This is NOT one of those situations. For a first time since I've been looking, a copy of Malhotra's 98-99 Be A Player Toronto Fall Expo /5 hit Ebay, and once again, I was all over it.

A quick shout-out out to Cole (roaddogg1718 on HI) for helping me land this next one. He's gotten me this one and gone out of his way to try and aquire a handful of other missing cards for me, but to no avail. Maybe next time :) For "just a refractor" this 99-00 Topps Chrome Refractor is the only one I've ever seen, and now I own it. I find this a surprising trend, as a number of other cards that are "just refractors" sit on my wantlist, completely unseen.

Speaking of people who have gone out of there way to help me, where's Kevin (kmitchel on HI)? He's always willing to help me save on some pretty crazy international (U.S.) shipping prices and spotting cards I might need. When I mentioned that this card was on the market, but shipping to Canada was ridiculous, he was pretty quick, as he has been, to offer to have it shipped to him to save some money. For this, I'm ever grateful, and it's great seeing him at the shows, thanks Kevin! These 98-99 Topps Gold Label Class 3 Blacks are a lot rarer than I initially would have believed, since they're not numbered. Apparently, they are, in fact, quite rare, as this is the only copy I've ever seen, and I'm very happy to have it! This completes the non-1/1 portion of TGL for me, leaving me to just find the 8 remaining 1/1's *sigh*. In terms of Topps Gold Label, 10/18 cards really isn't bad!

Finally, we come to two cards that I never imagined I'd own. A little while back, Seth (gobuffalo2331 on HI) came to me with a pair of beauty Malhotra cards, that are quite stunning, to say the least. As always, Seth is a pleasure to deal with, very friendly, and quite the class act. He always gives me the first stab at Malhotra cards I don't have, cuts me a very good deal on them, and for that, I'm always very grateful. So from Seth, I managed to acquire two beautiful cards, 98-99 Bowman Chrome CHL 50th Anniversary Refractors #10 & #148, both /5, and both graded a BGS 9.5 to boot. This knocked two extraordinarily rare cards off my wantlist, and two fewer cards to chase from 98-99 Bowman CHL and Bowman Chrome CHL. That leaves me with only the Bowman CHL Autographs Gold, both Bowman Chrome CHL OPC International Refractors (#10 & #148) and a Bowman Chrome CHL Refractor (#10, I have #148). The scans DO NOT do these beauties justice.

Thanks for looking!
    Alexander

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joshpackham's Items on eBay

wow, amazing additions, always feels good to knock off some old cards off your wantlist, keep up the great work
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very sweet pickups - love having Malhotra on the Habs now.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content