Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congratulations Daniel Sedin on 1000 games!

Last year it was Hank's turn, and I'm excited to watch Daniel's 1000th NHL game tonight! Late in the second period still deadlocked at 1, hopefully the Sedins can pull off some late game magic and lift us over the 'hawks. In honour of Danny's accomplishment, I figured I'd show some of my favourite cards of his with a little twist... while the twins are normally almost inseparable, and they usually appear in most of the same sets and subsets, since it is Danny's night I'll show only cards where just a Daniel was produced and no Hank.

From the innaugral Ultimate Memorabilia...

Early on Daniel got a little more love as he was seen as more of the goal scorer...

One of the few stick cards early in Danny's career

Both Hank and Danny had cards in UD 04, but only Series II had the Exclusives parallel...

Just a little patch from the eye of the orca in McD's...

For whatever reason Daniel ends up with a lot more nameplate cards than Hank - this one is from SPGU '10

And from SPGU '11...

Well, technically Hank won his couple awards the year before and had very similar cards, but Danny stands alone in Black Diamond '12...

A nice looking stick piece from Ultimate Memorabilia...

Just a regular insert, but I like the look of the Pinnacle Pantheon

Game worn all star helmet sticker from Prime

A little homage to one of the original inserts, Score B from a couple decades past

Hank has his Game Gear the previous year, but Danny's turn came in SPGU 12

Nice 6 piece memorabilia card from Titanium 12

Still looking for the Horizontal Black x/2, but a pretty nice gold dual patch on the first card to go along with a nice patch/stick card as well from Artifacts

Another Fantastick card from Ultimate Memorabilia

The only other Sedin silhouette was supposed to be a Henrik autographed one from the previous year, but it seems those were most likely lost and could not get a straight answer out of Panini as to whether they would ever be remade, so I've had the Hank replaced, leaves this Danny as the only silhouette they'll have

Lots of goodies in Prime, yet more nameplates featuring Danny but not Hank

Now for a few oddballs...

The regular version is a dime a dozen, but the autographed version of this Sunkist card was super tough to find...

Excerpt from a framed set of award winner / finalists produced by Upper Deck and apparently handed out at the award ceremony

VIP cards available direct through ITG's website

And now for some 1/1's...

My first stick nameplate from Superlative

A nice "mini shield"

Back in 2010 the Sedins stopped signing for Upper Deck, Danny signed his OPC Premier cards, Hank did not, and they never signed again

I love stick nameplate cards!

Fantastick gold from Ultimate Memorabilia

Just a little sticker auto from Rookie Anthology

Love the retro jersey picture on this Dominion shield inserted into Prime

Yet another Danny nameplate, this one complete! Not sure why the manufacturers seem to have so many more Danny letters, he has 6 nameplates out there to just 2 for Hank.

The only Sedin fight strap button...

Ugh, not sure why ITG put a number there instead of Danny's picture because they do have his pic on every other card in the set, but a nice tag so I guess I like it nonetheless

Not the most photogenic shot of Danny, but like the gold signature

And last but not least, my favourite Danny card of all time (also featured as my avatar) the Famous Fabrics emblem from Superlative!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Amazing stuff Dave! You have such a fantastic PC going!!! It's sooooo nice to collect a player(s) that is so beloved here at home, who does so much for our city both on and off the ice :)

Too bad that Jannik stole the show tonight tho hahahaa......

Go You Hairy Canucks, Go!!!!!!

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Your show and tells never cease to amaze me!!! Some incredible pieces. How come they stopped signing for UD?? That definitely sucks, especially now that they are hobby exclusive (Except for the unlicensed ITG stuff of course)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great cards! Love seeing such awesome Canucks collections!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Amazing stuff Dave! You have such a fantastic PC going!!! It's sooooo nice to collect a player(s) that is so beloved here at home, who does so much for our city both on and off the ice :)

Too bad that Jannik stole the show tonight tho hahahaa......

Go You Hairy Canucks, Go!!!!!!

Heh, it's not just the Sedins who give back to the city... didn't Ryan Kesler give all the ladies of Vancouver something to ooh and ahh over?

Your show and tells never cease to amaze me!!! Some incredible pieces. How come they stopped signing for UD?? That definitely sucks, especially now that they are hobby exclusive (Except for the unlicensed ITG stuff of course)

No idea - if I ever meet them one day I'll have to ask. I'd be surprised if they specifically have a grudge against UD, my hunch would be their agent or whoever handles their business affairs told UD to take a hike after some signings went unpaid or something like that... but I'm happy enough to just have ITG stuff to chase for autos now - eliminating all those high-end patch/auto, tag/auto, etc., cards from the checklists makes my life easier :) With just over 300 autos in my PC and almost 100 of those including memorabilia too, I think I'm good.

Great cards! Love seeing such awesome Canucks collections!!

Many thanks - and I love seeing the wider variety of Canucks in your shows!