Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

Montreal Canadiens legend Jean Beliveau passes away at age 83.

Sad day for the NHL and it's fans. The Habs just tweeted the news out. Here is the TSN link:

http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-legend-b...ge-83-1.150356
    Last edited by TheIronHorse4; 12-03-2014 at 12:39 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

RIP to a legend. What more can you say. Gentleman. Captain. Class. Hall of Famer. Legend.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I don't even know what to say. It's times like this when I appreciate being an older guy, even tho I'm still young enough that I only ever saw him play hockey in a DVD set I own. The kids today who were too young to see Gretzky or Lemieux in their primes, all they know of Beliveau is his BV.

I was born in Montreal, I grew up a Habs fan. When I shook Jean Beliveau's hand in a autograph lineup a few years ago I was shaking hands with my Golden Age. He asked me if I liked his book and looked up at me like my answer actually mattered. He was the greatest hockey player I've ever personally met, and one of the finest gentlemen as well.

RIP sir.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

Great player but a 100x greater person one of the few athletes that should be held to the description of a "role model "

He will be missed

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The few times I have obtained auto's from him in person he was one of the classiest athletes I ever seen or interacted with.
    D
    I
    N

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I am only 35 and I never got the opportunity to meet him, but from all I have been able to find out, this man exemplified what a professional athlete should be:

Honest, approachable, humble and treated you like a person. He took the time to meet you and if you wrote him, he personally answered the letter. He wrote the letter, used pen and paper, and sent it to you.

He was true class and from clips I have seen, one of the best hockey players to ever play the game.

May he rest peacefully forever.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I had the great pleasure of meeting Mr. Beliveau in the summer of 2008. He was a special guest for an autograph session in Halifax. Hundreds of people came to meet him. I was so nervous to meet him but he made me feel at ease very quickly. We chatted briefly as he signed photos for myself and my grandmother, who absolutely adored him as a player with the Canadiens. He thanked me for coming to see him--imagine that! I'm over the moon to meet one of the greatest players ever, and he's thanking me. That's just such a special piece of who he was. He was truly larger than life, and the memory of that experience will last with me for a long time.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

The Montreal Canadiens have posted the details of events leading up to Jean Beliveau's funeral for those who are in the area and wish to pay their respects.
    http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=742227