Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Jean Beliveau

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

RIP Jean Beliveau

I haven't been here much lately, working 14 hours a day will do that to you. But coming home to see the news of this.........

Anyways, if you'd like to show off your cards in tribute to the legend that he was, please do so. Thanks.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

A sad day for the hockey community for sure! He was a true legend of the game and great to his fans. I dont have much stuff of Beliveau but i had the pleasure of getting a couple cards, i made, signed through the mail by him last year. I sent one of them to a Montreal collector as part of a Secret Santa present but the other will be in my collection for a loong time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Amazing show Ed, such variety! I'm sad that I never got a chance to see Le Gros Bill play, one day I'll have to go back and watch some classic games to truly appreciate him. But I'm so glad for Lord Stanley's Mug, this set allowed me to put together so many cards of some of the true greats of the game, and Beliveau was featured prominently. There's probably no card I want to find more than his Mega Patch (if anyone has seen it, please let me know), but I believe I have everything else of his...

The base and History...

An auto from every year he won the cup as a player (7 more times as an executive afterwards!)

A variety of game worn pieces - really love the Legendary and Conn Smythe cards of his featuring dual-coloured swatches, so cool he was the first recipient of the Conn Smythe trophy!

And finally he made a number of appearances in the Decades expo subset...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Amazing show guys.

I only have 1 of his but it isn't going anywhere

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

My only Beliveau auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

One of the most repected players in the game. An amazing 17 times on the cup! He will be missed!

And end it with this card. Sorry don't mean to hog all the vintage people have but I tend to get carried away.

Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

Last edited by habsmtl09; 12-03-2014 at 10:29 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

A man with great class, one of the best captains of all-time, a legend, a great man, plus he had one of the nicest autos in the hobby. R.I.P Mr Beliveau, you will be missed.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great thread.

And the best one of all, with free story.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Mr. Beliveau in the summer of 2008. He was a special guest for an autograph session in Halifax. Hundreds of people came to meet him. I was so nervous to meet him but he made me feel at ease very quickly. We chatted briefly as he signed photos for myself and my grandmother, who absolutely adored him as a player with the Canadiens. He thanked me for coming to see him--imagine that! I'm over the moon to meet one of the greatest players ever, and he's thanking me. That's just such a special piece of who he was. He was truly larger than life, and the memory of that experience will last with me for a long time.

RIP Le Gros Bill
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Some beautiful stuff shown off so far. Here are my Beliveau pieces:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast