Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Flawless tales of petty spite and bitterness :)

Flawless because of the perfect grammar & spelling and another thing.

So my PC guy got traded to them Ducks and ever since I've been a little ho-hum about picking up his cards. Sometimes I forget about an eBay auction, sometimes I don't really wanna pay the asking price. Some of the BINs are laughable, this isn't Gretzky or Lemieux or even a fan favorite like Trevor Linden, it's Ryan Bleepin' Kesler playing in hockey no-man's-land now. And there's only me and Dale and Kingsley and Jourdan and a mystery-player competing for the cards, so unless the card is numbered to 3 or less, hey guess what? yeahhhh that's right it's worthless!! So there's the bitterness :D

Now a few nights ago I'm texting back and forth with Dave SedinFan and he tells me I have "divine right" to all the Kesler cards (as long as they're not sharing the card with the twins haha) and that got me to thinking that well mayyyyyybe since I'm at 800+ now I should put some effort into it eh? So..........how about some pettiness hmmmmm?

When 13/14 Panini Prime was released I was right on it, I snagged the 5-card base/auto rainbow within ten days, but I missed out on a Genuine Marks "E" /6 because I had it on my eBay.com but not eBay.ca........ And then when I saw the second "E" I figured I'd just pass because I was never gonna see the whole set right? So the same mystery-player got those two cards. Then the "R" turned up on eBay for a $149 BIN. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!! Then one morning it was $50 BIN. So I hit the button, because hey, maybe I'll never own all six. But neither will that moo-yuk!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171565788263...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ok then, see these?

Now as far as I know, there's a TON of unopened SPGU still out there. I did not see that one at the top for months after it was released. I think the BIN/OBO was around $120 or some such crazy number. I OBO'd something along the lines of what it was actually "worth" which of course was highly insulting to the seller hahahaa. A few weeks later after no other offers I guess he emailed me back and we wound up meeting sort-of in the middle, which was highly insulting to ME but really, none of the other twelve were popping up at all so I ate a big poop sandwich and bought it.

The a few weeks ago the one on the bottom pops up on the eBay going for another stoopid $125 BIN. No takers of course, I already have mine hahahaa. Then all of a sudden it's up for auction and it ends at what I had always known the "value" to be and now I own two of them. And God help whoever thinks they're gonna be snagging the third one, or the fourth, or the fifth etc........

I feel SO much better now that's all off my chest!!!

Moving on!!! Three additions to my 04/05 SP Authentic Buybacks!!!

RIP big guy

A couple of BAP Update Heritage jerseys

Is this page not BEAUTIFUL?????

More Kesler crapola!!!! The Cup & Artifacts progress..........

How about that beauty from The Cup eh?

Remember way back in 1994 when Jordan Schroeder took that pass from Pavel Bure and beat Mike Richter to win Game 7 and bring the Stanley Cup to Vancouver?? No neither do I but the fine folks at UD would have me believe that that patch belonged to his jersey, so that's the new reality now.

And THIS.............makes my eyes bleed.........

Ok then, if you haven't thrown up all over your screen, we'll end this off with a couple pick-ups from last month's card show....... a pretty hard one to find from UD Vintage.....

Which goes sooooo nicely into the the page......

Anddddddd a 53/54 Parkie Dick Gamble in pretty amazing shape :)

And the other Flawless thing I mentioned.....

Ok, show's over. Leafs beat the 'Nucks 5-2, time to beat the kids :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Great looking pick ups Ed! Nice to see you got a few more of the Buybacks! Love those Heritage cards as well! That patch on the Schroeder is a little questionable! Thanks for the show!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

No standard signoff makes me sad, Ed.

Great thread as usual...I'm in the same boat as you with Kesler when it comes to the Gorges stuff now. It's like yeah it's there and I'll get it eventually but oh look there's a crazy Subban patch so let's get that instead. There's a fella in Russia who has a Prime Name Plate or whatever they call it, it's the S, and let's just say that there's an extra zero in front of the decimal place on the asking price. Dude had it listed for a month, guess who was the only person to even make an offer? And let's just also say that we could not come to an accord as he desperately wants that extra zero in there. I would have paraphrased Luke Skywalker when Han Solo told him the travel cost of a ride on the Millennium Falcon from Tattooine to Alderaan, because that's how high the pricing scale is, I could nearly get my own full jersey for his "lowest price." So it goes.

Anywho, great show. Love the Beliveau!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Ed,

Great thread, as always.

The Beliveau takes the cake for me in this S&T, but I've also got to give big props to those BAP jerseys. Great looking cards (my favorites in the thread).

And I thought it was understood that us player collectors have a divine right to the cardboard we want??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Very nice Billy additions Ed lol

That was a huge show of PC. Congrats

SCF Rewards
    Country

I totally remember that game where Schroeder brought the cup home in '94, at least I remember it when I've been drinking! Hopefully they just swapped the Nazzy and the Schroeder swatches, it's at least possible that UD has a Nazzy skate jersey.

Yah, that Kesler Hot Patch card is one hot mess, I know ITG doesn't get a lot of admiration for their designs but I actually like the simplicity of a lot of their cards, this one though is one of their few real disasters.

Lots of other goodies in there though, can't wait to see ya hit the big 1,000 mark, and maybe you'll be a super collector by then? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Heh. I was thinking about doing the Brodeur rainbow til I saw a auto/patch /3 sell for $153...........

Lots of other goodies in there though, can't wait to see ya hit the big 1,000 mark, and maybe you'll be a super collector by then? ;)

815 as of yesterday!!! Not including the Hot Mess card that isn't in the inventory, but including this new one from Lorraine :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

ooooh...nice...now you Only need the patch/tag/au 1/1 to complete the rainbow! oh and the patch tag/5...no problemo eh?

1,000 Kesler's...What happens than?